ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 13648 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

3DCheapskate
(Stranger)
02/24/11 02:40 AM
'View and manipulate the 3d model' new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm sure this has been covered many times, but I'm darned if I can find anything, so I'll ask here anyway.

When an upload shows the red (3D) label, you can click on one of the [3D - xyz] buttons on the items page and 'View and manipulate the 3d model'. Only I've never been able to.

I'm clearly missing something really obvious here.

Maybe there should be something under FAQ?

Edited by 3DCheapskate on 02/24/11 02:41 AM.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
02/28/11 10:21 PM
Re: 'View and manipulate the 3d model' new [re: 3DCheapskate]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

What format is your 3D Model in? I believe the viewer is limited to OBJ, 3DS and a few other of the most popular formats.

3DCheapskate
(Stranger)
03/07/11 10:26 PM
Re: 'View and manipulate the 3d model' [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Wavefront OBJ, but it's not the model format that's the issue - for me the viewer doesn't work with any models with the (3D) label. I'm 99% certain it's a browser/plugin issue.I've tried FF3.6 and IE8 with various plugins (e.g. flash, java) to no avail.

The query's really "What browser and/or plugin is required for the 'ibsystems.holodeck' thing to work?"

I can't find this info anywhere...

3DCheapskate
(Stranger)
08/24/11 04:18 AM
Re: 'View and manipulate the 3d model' new [re: 3DCheapskate]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I should have added a post ages ago to say that I was told there were problems with the holodeck system. It was resolved quite quickly, and I haven't had any problems since.

No specific browser/plugin requirements.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise