ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 62781 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
takoi
(Stranger)
07/18/11 06:28 PM
What Happen?? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I haven't check into the site for awhile (few months)... But when I log in, I only see 5 month old contents on the Poser download section, can someone tell me what happen?

Josea
(Stranger)
07/19/11 10:58 AM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: takoi]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

All items are now listed in order of ratings (unfortunately). Fortunately you can set it so that they list from newest to oldest. On top of the thumbnail pictures there is in green letters (set your sort order). click on that and it will take you to the place on the page where you can change the sort order. When ever I come to this site I always change the sort order first thing.

Hope this help and was not too wordy.

JavaJoeCoffee
(Stranger)
07/23/11 12:24 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm sure it's better for new users who'd like to see the "good stuff" first, but if you're here regularly it's annoying.

I hope that we'll be able to choose and save our sort order preference as part of the account settings, so I won't always have to change it manually.

joequick
(Stranger)
07/23/11 08:05 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: JavaJoeCoffee]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Having cookies remember your sort order would be another good option. As an odd note, I've got some items with 15+, 25+ five star ratings which aren't showing up at all in a ratings sort.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
07/25/11 03:48 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Joe ... Just FYI your "M4 Despot Outfit" is on page 3 of 919 pages when sorted by rating.

joequick
(Stranger)
07/25/11 06:53 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yeah, the despot has got 16 5 star reviews and is on page 3, the Sci-Fi Armor with 27 five star reviews? No Where when sorted by rating, even if you're just looking at my gallery and click sort by rating it vanishes.  It's just an odd bug.

smurfswacker
(Stranger)
07/30/11 07:12 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: takoi]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yeah, will someone please provide a way to remember our sort preferences? It's maddening to have to reset the sort order every time I visit the site, which often is two or three times a day.

It also seems the mandated sort-by-rating system makes it easier for newly posted items to be missed by the audience at large.

HoboBo
(Stranger)
07/31/11 01:24 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: smurfswacker]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree!

HoboBo

fictionalbookshelf
(Stranger)
08/01/11 01:11 AM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm fairly new at posting freebie items on this site and from my accounts page I can clearly see several of my items have ratings already. However, when I go to my gallery or cruise through the site none of my ratings appear below the thumbnails of my items accept 1. I have one item that was left a rating 3 weeks ago and it still doesn't show up under the thumbnail/gallery area and or on the individual page.

Knowing something is wonky with ratings makes me wonder how many other artists are not showing up in the pages that are shown by ratings rank?

HoboBo
(Stranger)
08/01/11 02:30 AM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: fictionalbookshelf]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ratings does not show until 2 persons have rated.

HoboBo

ibsystemsModerator
(Member)
08/01/11 04:14 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: smurfswacker]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We just updated the system to allow you to set your default sort order.  Once you've set this, and are logged in, your sort preference will be the default.  To set your default sort order go to your My ACCCOUNT ---> account info page and choose your default sort order from within the Preferences box at the right of the page.

ibsystemsAdministrator
(Member)
08/01/11 04:28 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks Hobobo ---- I'm going to put information about the rating display, and other information like this in the FAQ.  I also sent this user a note saying what you said.

jleeper
(Stranger)
08/11/11 05:27 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: ibsystems]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I just tried to reset my default sort order per instructions

The form wanted my first and last names, which it should already have.

It wanted a required Job Title, which I don't have. So NA will have to do.

And, when I filled in the form and submitted it, it told me that my email address was already in use by another user when the email address submitted was the very one provided by the form and obtained directly from your user database.

To paraphrase the subject of this thred, WTF over?

The account page clearly thinks I'm a new user even though my user name is displayed prominantly at the top of the home page. So, I logged off and logged on again, same result.

How does one update ones sort order when one can't even update ones account info? Please help.

jleeper
(Stranger)
08/12/11 03:38 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: jleeper]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm really not sure what you mean.  Do you mean that you can't log into your account?  Because, once you get into your account there are no forms that need to be filled out.  You simply click on the 'Account Info' tab, and right below "Change Your Password" on the right side of the page you click the radio button that corresponds to your choice of sort order.

jleeper
(Stranger)
08/19/11 06:44 PM
Re: What Happen?? new [re: jleeper]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

OK, lets be specific. The software for this forum is all hosed up.

1. This makes the 3rd posting in a row listed as being from me. The first one is, the last one is, the one in the middle is not. I'm not sure who the reply to my first posting is from but, it is not me. The tone of the reply makes it sound like it may be from a forum moderator, but I have my doubts.

2. I have been a member of this site for somewhere around 4 years, and the posting still has me listed as a stranger. For that matter, HoBobo Has been an active contributor to this site since before I joined and he is also listed as a stranger.

3. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news dude but the "Account Info" tab IS A FORM. By definition, any structure that contains fields that can display, add, or modify data and a submit button is a form. So, there are forms that need to be filled out once you get into your account. The "Display Info", "Account Info", "Add New Upload", and It Pays To Share Agreement" tabs are all forms.

4. On my Account Info tab, there are 3 fields tagged as "Required Fields". That means that unless those fields are filled in the Submit button will fail, and it does. There are 2 fields on the Tab/Form that are populated from your Database. Please don't tell me you don't have a Database. These 2 field are eMail Address and Country. These fields are populated correctly so the site knows who I am. When I fill in the required  fields and select my prefered sort order the submit button fails because my email address is already in use by another user. Remember, this is the same email address that the form obtained from my account information in your Database.

5. The form seems to be trying to create a new user rather than update an existing user. In its current condition it is impossible to select a perfered sort order, because it is impossible to update your account information.

Does that make what I mean a bit more clear?

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise