ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 37636 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
ZamuelNow
(Stranger)
11/22/12 08:31 AM
Search engine frustration new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I hope that the search engine can be improved at some point.  It's rather annoying when you can't find something that you know the exact name of but lack a direct link to.

shokoshu
(Stranger)
12/31/12 08:54 AM
Re: Search engine frustration [re: ZamuelNow]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

While we are at "search engine": The button "Restrict search" doesn't work at all - methinks if you set anything there it always gives zero hits (even if it exists).

Nelsie
(Stranger)
03/14/13 05:28 AM
Re: Search engine frustration new [re: shokoshu]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Where is the search? I know it was here a couple of days ago, but dashed if I can see it now.

IceEmpress
(Stranger)
03/14/13 11:17 PM
Re: Search engine frustration new [re: Nelsie]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yeah, I don't see it either.  What the hell happened?!  I'm really pissed off about this!!

Edit: the search engine page does still exist, but there's no link to it.  Here's a link hereif someone needs it.

http://www10.sharecg.com/search/index.php?ps=15&q=curtains&ps=50&m=any&wm=wrd&t=

Edited by IceEmpress on 03/14/13 11:19 PM.

mafiagore2
(Stranger)
03/15/13 08:54 AM
Re: Search engine frustration new [re: IceEmpress]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Whoever fixed this seems to have done a great job. As noted above it always had issues finding things I knew where there but today I tried it and it was smooth, fast and accurate. Much appreciated.

MAF

caravelle
(Stranger)
03/23/13 01:00 AM
Re: Search engine frustration new [re: IceEmpress]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks for giving us this link! I still don't find it on the site. Yell

ShawnDriscoll
(Stranger)
03/23/13 09:38 AM
Re: Search engine frustration new [re: caravelle]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You have to choose a category at the top first before you will be allowed to search.  But ya, searching for "shoes" for Poser software results in only two items found.  I thought Cornucopia3D had the worst search until now.

caravelle
(Stranger)
04/06/13 03:10 AM
Re: Search engine frustration new [re: ShawnDriscoll]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks, but this search probably beats even Cornucopia3D. Today I looked for a certain item, and instead it showed me the new entries all over again. Why don't they fix it? And how are people getting along with this 'solution'? Why is it impossible to search a certain portfolio? Why....? We got this new manual, which is fine, thank you - but there are pretty few hints for this search cr**. Really, I like sharecg, and I admire the work they do, but this is... sigh...!

Update: I just read jalex417' post in the 'broken items' thread; at least an answer to my question concerning the search for a specific member: "Also, if you're looking for a specific member just add the member's username to the end of the ShareCG URL and you'll be taken directly to that member's Gallery or Porfolio.  For example, www.sharecg.com/<username>."

Edited by caravelle on 04/06/13 03:24 AM.

3dstories
(Stranger)
04/09/13 11:18 AM
Re: Search engine frustration [re: caravelle]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you for this discussion and the link!.

I couldn't find the search, either, and any site such as this is pretty much, what's the word, "not useful"? without one. I do understand the owners were hurting for funds and maybe they're just letting it run without putting anything more into it at this point.

I hope the site doesn't go away, and I hope they find a way of making it sustainable.  The ads don't seem relevant and there isn't a for-profit arm of this site that can subsidize the free portion.

IceEmpress
(Stranger)
05/23/13 07:29 PM
Re: Search engine frustration new [re: 3dstories]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Great, now the damn thing is completely shot.

Edit: I apologize for all of that.  I did not see the search icon on the upper right until 20 minutes ago or so.  But please, please get that thing fixed soon, and PLEASE make it a term-specific search like the old one (or at least give us the FUNCTIONAL option of making it term-specific).  Getting 200 hits or so of unwanted crap when you type "palm", "ice", or "bed" into the search isn't any fun at all.

Edited by IceEmpress on 05/23/13 09:22 PM.

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise