ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 81144 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Newbie)
09/23/16 03:51 PM
Re: Change the rating system new [re: pcaparrosc]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Pedro,

Thank you for your comments.
Your sugguection for sorting the "rating" is a lot faster to the implemant compair with the mean-avegage logic suggested by other members.
We can try it, but before we change the sort-order by rating, we would like to hear from more our members.

Other thought I had is to change it to a "Like" system, so each member has the option to "Like" the upload or not. After all, what is the difference between 4, 4 1/2 or 5-stars.

Lets give our members time to give us some feedback.
Thank you all
Nitai

pcaparrosc
(Stranger)
09/25/16 03:06 AM
Re: Change the rating system new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Nitai:

I've been looking at the rankings and I propose the following experiment: Go to page 169 of 3D models classified by rating (or wherever this model "Organodron City" Heminio). On this page are the a number of models classified with 2 rating, followed by 10 models from 33 to 26 ratings. The last comment in 9 of these 10 models is the "thank you" of the user Mandle.

The same is true on page 170 and 171 with 13 and 11 models of the page. And so on these pages continues to models with 5 ratings.

Mandle always thanking and presumably 4 points to very good models, made by very good modelers. (Herminio, hypnagogia, klausdbg, spacebones, Neil Wilson, Luxxeon, and others)

Get your your conclusions.

My conclusions:

Mandle achieved alone and in less than a month distort the rating system.

Mandle not have us mania to hypnagogia or to me personally. It is a widespread plague.

Mandle is a robot (or a very persistent person) programmed to delay 150 or more pages to any model with more than 5 assessments, and taking advantage of the weakness of an unfair system of classification.

Perhaps someone resentful, that is their models achieve better position.

It may be someone who wants to harm Sharecg, trying to favor mediocre models, and discouraging them all to the point that good modelers go forward to other sites.

I fail to fully understand the reason for all this. But either the user Mandle think you have a problem with ShareCG, or ShareCG have a problem with Mandle.

In view of the activity of this forum, I would not expect many comments from members. Perhaps the first comment is a massive defection of modelers to other sites.

Thanks for your patience.

Pedro

hypnagogia
(Newbie)
09/26/16 02:39 AM
Re: Change the rating system new [re: pcaparrosc]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Mandle has ruined nearly all of my models now... he did this over a period of 3 weeks.. and is still going. I've tried to contact Mandle to ask why he is rating all of my models with 4 star ratings... no reply!

Like Pedro has mentioned he is doing this to all the top contributing members.

Eventually when you sort by ratings all you will find are models with 2 stars.. I predict all the top models will be gone in 4 months if he continues like this.

I will NOT be sharing anything new on sharecg again until this is fixed. This upsets me because I worked hard on these models and made sure they were of the highest quality... and I love to share them with people who really appreciate them... so its a shame that the rest of sharecg's members will now have one less modeler to share with them.

This person is either being purposefully vendictive or Is a Bot designed to lessen the first sight appeal of sharecg's website.

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Newbie)
09/27/16 03:58 PM
Re: Change the rating system new [re: hypnagogia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

All,
I just changed the browse page "by rating" sort order to be by "median" instead of average. Following this value, it will sort it by the number of rater. Now "Organodron City is sorted to the first page.

Be aware that we could not afford to make such changes on all the time. No one support us financially nor willing to contribute.

If you to help our effort by spreading the work, it would be appreciated.

Nitai Fraenkel

Edited by TeamSharecg on 09/27/16 04:01 PM.

hypnagogia
(Newbie)
09/27/16 06:06 PM
Re: Change the rating system new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you Nitai this is fantasitc. Median ratings are definitely fairer and a more accurate representation of the work. Now we can see all of the great work that had previously been hidden/lost in the hundreds of pages of work.

Thank you for listening and implementing this change. I look forward to uploading more work in the future. 

pcaparrosc
(Stranger)
09/28/16 03:01 AM

Nitai:

Definitely the classification system applies, seems much more equitable.

Thank you very much for your attention, understanding and for the work done.

I look forward to sharing more of my models, to the extent of my ability.

Pedro

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Newbie)
09/28/16 10:52 AM

You are all welcome.

Nitai

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise