ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 9936 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

rschulte
(Stranger)
08/09/18 07:52 AM
Like to turn off rating new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i‘ve seen too many people rating uploads with one star without giving a reason for doing so... I want to just upload my freebies and just opt out of the ratings system altogether.  I had one user over a year ago who just wanted to be a jerk and downgraded a lot of my freebies, which prompted me to report him.  I would like to see an option for “no comments and rating” which allows me to select at time of upload.

Edited by rschulte on 08/09/18 12:53 PM.

TeamSharecgAdministrator
(Team ShareCG)
08/10/18 12:59 AM
Re: Like to turn off rating [re: rschulte]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We do not like people abusing the site for theit personal vendetta. Please let us know who is the member and we will remove him.

rschulte
(Stranger)
08/10/18 04:19 AM
Re: Like to turn off rating new [re: TeamSharecg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This person was reported and removed.   But it took a lot time for me to convince the mods that he was doing it on purpose and finally caught in the act as I posted some more freebies.  At the time I was a brand new user and only started to contribute to ShareCG.  

the point is the ratings system is often not applied equally by all users, and I just don’t want to use them.   There are no guidelines for what is a 5 star or less.  And once Someone gives out a rating, they can’t change it if they realize it was a mistake.

rschulte
(Stranger)
08/10/18 04:49 AM
Re: Like to turn off rating new [re: rschulte]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When you rate a piece of art, you are able to rate everything at once Because you see all of it.  

Ratings for downloads are done when?  When youre sitting at the download screen.  all you’d have to go on is a promo picture.  How do you know this is a 5 or 3 Star freebie if  you havent even installed it on your system and started using it?   Even people can rate freebies without ever downloading it.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise