ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 85548 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
Deskar
(Stranger)
08/15/07 02:27 PM
Big problem in the site Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have a friend with this problem. She can't even make the site recognize her
membership. I'm worried about this.
¿Are we loosing views? ¿Is SCG overloading? Please give her a solution and all members rasons to trust the site.

Hello,

Everytime I try to download from ShareCG, the download hangs up and never allows the pop up window to function??? Is anyone else having these issues? Is it because I am still running IE6?

ThanX!

Ariana

would say that 99% of the files would not download for me. The only ones I could get to download are the items (*symbols) that Deskar had recently posted(*very cool). I had downloaded a V4 Vest and it was a corrupted Rar file. I personally have had so many problems with Share CG, that i don't even bother with the download if I see it is them.

I was only there yesterday to see if i could find that vest and contact the creator.

Ariana

Edited by Deskar on 08/15/07 02:50 PM.

Deskar
(Stranger)
08/15/07 02:29 PM
Re: Big problem in the site [re: Deskar]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Other friend say this:

I can not even access the sharecg.com domain.  I've tried FireFox; I've tried Internet Explorer, I've tried at home using my ISP's cable modem service; I've tried from my office via my business' network; I've tried in the morning; I've tried in the evening; I've tried late at night.  In every case it eventually times out.

More and more people are posting their items at ShareCG.  As it stands, that means more and more items I can not sample.

Sincerely,

Bill

jakehellerModerator
(Newbie)
08/15/07 03:29 PM
Re: Big problem in the site [re: Deskar]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Wow, that's really bad. If you can start supplying us with the links to things that are broken, we'll get to the bottom of it.

Also, the site is definitely up (how else would you be reading this right now?) but perhaps it doesn't work from some locations (I don't have the technical knowledge to explain that). If you could please supply us with as many details about who you are, where you're from, and what your connection is, we'll fix it ASAP.

Best,

Jake 

Jumpstartme2
(Newbie)
08/15/07 06:03 PM
Re: Big problem in the site new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Jake, Im going to IM you. We have a couple of members over at Renderosity that have disappearing items.. ;)

dadchamp
(Newbie)
08/15/07 08:52 PM
Re: Big problem in the site new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have a feeling that the problem may not be on this end but at Rendo. Their site seems to be totally boluxed up right now. When I go to the main site I keep getting errors that say my login is incorrect and I haven't even tried to login yet. The only page that will load besides the error page is the page for becoming a new member,

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

MatrixWorkz
(Newbie)
08/15/07 09:12 PM
Re: Big problem in the site new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well we've had a few power outages caused by heat here in St. Louis. This could cause certain internet pipelines to go offline from time to time. With the heat wave hitting the midwest, it could be a possible culprit to occassional and sporatic outages.

Deskar
(Stranger)
08/15/07 09:47 PM
Re: Big problem in the site new [re: Deskar]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Jake,

thanks for getting into this.

There are two big problems.

The first is that there are people who can't download items and/or access the site at all. I'm quoting people's messages about their problems below.

The second one is that it seems to be a massive item deletion going on. We weren't notified about this in any way. It would be polite if we were told about such important actions before you actually implement them. This is causing major problems in all sites that link to SCG's items. We are losing many views.

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180

FireFox: 2.0.0.6

Even with the link provided, I still get the "time out" alert.

I've also tried "pinging" the site from the command prompt with the same result, Time outs for the time allotted.

Just to be clear, I was able to download from ShareCG as recently as July 3, 2007, but since that time, I can not access the base domain, let alone any individual members' pages.

Sincerely,

Bill

OK I use IE6.2 I think, I had the newest version before 7. Also I would gladly supply links if it didn't freeze my puter every time a file doesn't want to download. I am in Northern Nevada and connect with SBC global straight fast DSL/No yahoo on board here! So i long directly into IE, and surf from there.

Here is what happens when I try...

you hit the DOWNLOAD, and the small progress bar at the bottom of the page loads 1/3 of the way and freezes. It will not allow you to back out, close down the Share CG window or exit in any way. You must use Ctrl/Alt/Delete to close down IE altogether.

Which is a shame because I more posted here out of frustration about the download site and altho I RARELY use freebies. Some are so darn outstanding, they are "Must Haves"~! I am surprised that Deskars loaded without a hitch! But nothing else. I don't know if it is too many people accessing the site at once and thier servers aren't up to that load, but as redfern stated, it is arbetrary if and what file will work. That tells me it is them. Plus i just got a download from Mirandus-Arts, and that file was corrupt, she just e-mailed me I was the second one to tell her and yet over several hundred had no issues!

So I do not know if I am up to trying to go through every single link. It does say something that I am not the only one with an issue. It says that many may not think it is worth reporting OR that they never thought to report it here!!!

Lastly I signed up to join and never got access or acknowledgement! So that also tells me it is a site issue.

HuggerZ!

Ariana

Deskar
(Stranger)
08/15/07 09:52 PM
Re: Big problem in the site new [re: Deskar]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

And... (I wrote this text twice because the forum doesn' t allow large text chunks. This is very annoying.

OK I use IE6.2 I think, I had the newest version before 7. Also I would gladly supply links if it didn't freeze my puter every time a file doesn't want to download. I am in Northern Nevada and connect with SBC global straight fast DSL/No yahoo on board here! So i long directly into IE, and surf from there.

Here is what happens when I try...

you hit the DOWNLOAD, and the small progress bar at the bottom of the page loads 1/3 of the way and freezes. It will not allow you to back out, close down the Share CG window or exit in any way. You must use Ctrl/Alt/Delete to close down IE altogether.

Which is a shame because I more posted here out of frustration about the download site and altho I RARELY use freebies. Some are so darn outstanding, they are "Must Haves"~! I am surprised that Deskars loaded without a hitch! But nothing else. I don't know if it is too many people accessing the site at once and thier servers aren't up to that load, but as redfern stated, it is arbetrary if and what file will work. That tells me it is them. Plus i just got a download from Mirandus-Arts, and that file was corrupt, she just e-mailed me I was the second one to tell her and yet over several hundred had no issues!

So I do not know if I am up to trying to go through every single link. It does say something that I am not the only one with an issue. It says that many may not think it is worth reporting OR that they never thought to report it here!!!

Lastly I signed up to join and never got access or acknowledgement! So that also tells me it is a site issue.

HuggerZ!

Ariana

My freestuff at ShareCG seems to be inaccessible for one reason or another...  I keep getting a "Error with upload id 11032; it may have been removed." message... I got kinda freaked when I didn't get any kind of notification or complaints and started wondering what was wrong with them, hopefully it's just server issues.

Pneuma

Very strange goings-ons...

There have been a few times when I couldn't access the site at all (it just seemed to be down, probably due to too much traffic) but it would always comes back up again within 30 mins or less.  But I've never had problems navigating the site or downloading anything.

I'm using the current version of Firefox.

Neyjour

Thanks again

Deskar

dadchamp
(Newbie)
08/16/07 02:12 AM

Looks like Rosity is back to playing their jealousy games. They have completely blocked my account over there and won't allow me to log in. Not that I really care.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

MatrixWorkz
(Newbie)
08/16/07 10:23 AM
Re: Big problem in the site new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Jealous of what Dad? You been posting bad messages or something? I doubt they're picking on you for nothing. Surely you're not more paranoid than I am. Undecided

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise