ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 146532 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
joypauline
(Stranger)
09/14/07 08:31 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

OK....now you are questioning my honesty and qualifications!!! I am a fully qualified scienstist with a first class honours degree and MBA and object to the suggestion of being "overly emotional".  It was obvious that you were targeting me because of your reference to fonts...and I was doing alphabets alongside my photography and animation work.

I would prefer to call a truce over this.

Lets just get on with the job in hand. I enjoyed posting to this site with all the hours spent trying to upload!! I would prefer to focus on this......OK?

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/14/07 08:49 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Look! I clicked on the link that you provided to the fonts but that doesn't mean I targeted you or anyone else. It was merely a reference point I used to make my point about how I feel about "Tubes"! Period. Not how I felt about you or anyone else. YOU took it personally and lashed at me. Hence, the "Overly emotional" remark. I'm sorry you felt targeted, but I wasn't aiming at you.

You yourself mentioned how people were rendering certain figures from DAZ I believe, and passing them on in multiple poses as Poser content. When I mentioned fonts, it was because I HAVE seen people taking copyrighted truetype fonts that they've paid for, rendering complete alphabets of them as png tubes and redistributing them. Your link only brought it to the forefront in my memory. It didn't mean I was "having a go" at you or anyone else.

As I said. I don't know you. I have nothing against you. I do NOT like Tubes or tubers who use copyrighted items with the intent to redistribute them. If you're not a tuber, you shouldn't feel the least bit threatened by how I feel about them. Ok? Peace.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/14/07 09:06 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Peace indeed!!!!!!....let's put this behind us!!!! I was just trying to be helpful to the original poster.

All the best to you.

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/15/07 10:18 AM

Just to clarify the position on rendered images from Poser....here is a link

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2708402

I have consulted all the necessary copyright people and I think it is time that this issue was just accepted. I do Poser renders and alphabets and removed my stuff yesterday out of sheer frustration. How stupid I was...it took hours and hours to upload because I am one of those members whose uploads fail to appear.

I am not a tuber....(although the same conditions to apply to this practice) so can we just accept that the EULA and the statements from the experts is correct!!!!?????

Thanks for listening....I am so fed up with ignorance!!! I spend hours on my educational work and the stuff that I had posted here (now gone forever) but c'est la vie!!!!

Cheers

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/15/07 11:50 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Again, that only refer's to the EULA's of items sold at Renderosity. They are not the end all be all authorities on copyright laws and they will only tell you what you can and can not do with items sold in their own marketplace.

I've been around on the net since it opened to the public in the mid 80's I've seen every argument for and against tubing. I've watched font makers go after people redistributing their font's in rendered form and winning. I'm not "Ignorant" when it comes to this subject.

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/15/07 12:01 PM

Please read my reponse on "questionable tubes". I am talking about the policy for DAZ....I am NOT talking specifically about tubes. Had a long chat with Jaguarwoman (vendor on Rendo) and she knows the law inside out. I too have been using the internet since it first began and I am not ignorant either.

I am just trying to provide information....why do you resist?????...I am not trying to influence your OWN views....just the law as it applies to me....I don't know about others...that is their responsibility to research.

Cheers

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/15/07 12:20 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm not resisting anything except being called ignorant. I'm not the one who has to worry about defending tubes. I'm just doing my part to make sure that everyone is aware of fact that there are legal issues regarding copyrights and redistribution of copyrighted materials. If you consider that resistance, that's fine by me. I just call it keeping people aware.

I'm sorry that you seem to be taking this as something personal against you, but it's not. I don't want to see ShareCG suffer any legal expenses because of questionable tubing practices. That's all. Peace. 

Varnayrah
(Stranger)
09/18/07 12:28 PM

Am I mkissing something? How is that discussion in any way related to my question (see first post)?

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/18/07 09:00 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: Varnayrah]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Apologies Varanayrah....I posted to let you know that I have that very same problem and still do. It appears that some members get a "time out" when uploading. I have a fast internet connection but engineering are aware of my problem and that of others. You could mail them.

The "off-post" discussion came from my frustration at trying to be helpful in another post...I do apologise!! Hope you get an answer to your upload question. I do not think it is resolved as yet as I have tried to upload again and cannot manage it as yet.

Good luck. Laughing

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
09/20/07 09:19 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: Varnayrah]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Varnayrah,

In short... we allow up to 180mb. Just sometimes it gets choked up if your upload connection speed is too slow, or you're too far away from our California headquarters.

-Jake

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise