ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 146530 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Varnayrah
(Stranger)
08/28/07 02:41 AM
File upload size restriction? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Rather a question, but I am too blind to find anything about it - is there a restriction to the size of files I can upload here? Because I have several texture packages over 20Mb - should I devide them up?

jalex417Moderator
(Newbie)
08/28/07 01:38 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: Varnayrah]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi ... we allow up to 180 Mb so you shouldn't have a problem.

Varnayrah
(Stranger)
08/29/07 04:20 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That's strange. I tried a 24,5 Mb upload yesterday several times. Finally I divided it up into two packages and it worked then...

jalex417Moderator
(Newbie)
08/29/07 10:30 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: Varnayrah]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi I spoke to Engineering about this, this morning.  The max size is indeed 180Mb and most people who've uploaded large files have been successful.  We don't really know why you had the problem you had.  It could be that somewhere along the line something timed out in the middle of your upload, but we don't know for sure.  We'll keep our eye on this, and run some experiments ourself to see if we can reproduce the problem you encountered, and if we find it we'll fix it.  Thank you very much for alerting us to this potential problem.

Varnayrah
(Stranger)
09/03/07 02:28 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well, I trued again this morning and it still does not work...

ActiveRendering
(Stranger)
09/14/07 10:20 AM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: Varnayrah]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi there,

I have the same problem with a 43 MB rar-File. Tried it several time (4 or 5) on different times and different days but it won't upload. I got no error message (!) after a long time of uploading it shows my account page but without the new upload on it :(

Any ideas?
Regards
Sascha

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/14/07 05:34 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: ActiveRendering]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have had this problem ever since I joined CGShare.....there does not appear to be an answer. I cannot upload anything above around 12MB without trying several times. It apears to upload but there is nothing there. Nobody has been able to help. I DO hope you get a resolution!

No matter now....I have deleted all my stuff....and may I say...because there are extremely immature, childish people in some of the forums who do nothing but moan.

Cheers ALL

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/14/07 06:52 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If this is because I dared to speak my opinion on "Tubing", I think you might be the childish over reacting one here, but thanks for giving me that much control over your life. I feel really powerful now. Innocent

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Stranger)
09/14/07 07:36 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I DO NOT produce tubes....I just felt that you were overstating your view to all those who do... and there are many of them. You have NO control over my life.......I cannot upload here as I have the same problem as stated by the original poster here. Hours trying to upload is impossible.

As for childish....I am a retired scientist, live in the UK and, clearly don't think like you. Your views don't upset me......I use Poser, Bryce etc. for many purposes including ANIMATION!!!!!....there are many members producing tubes and it was the manner in which you stated your case that I found to be unhelpful.

Enough!......I do not need this and see no point in trying to be helpful or constructive.

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
09/14/07 07:52 PM
Re: File upload size restriction? [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Frankly I find your overly emotional response to my opinion about tubes to be evidence to the contrary. My opinion on tubes wasn't aimed at you or anyone else specifically. I do think your response belies you're claims of being a scientist, but whatever. Where's your objectivity? You called me angry and yet, the only ire I see here is yours, aimed at me. I don't need it either.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise