>> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 81441 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
DreamWarrior
(Stranger)
09/18/07 09:42 PM
2D section new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi!

Not long ago you said there was going to be a 2D section where all kinds of 2D related stuff were going to be able to be uploaded. Any news on that?

It would be great, since there are lots of 2D stuff that can be uploaded.

I currently have some stock photos I'd like to share, but there isn't any proper section for them and I don't want to clutter sections with things that don't belong there.

Thanks in advance!

DreamWarrior

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/19/07 06:51 AM
Re: 2D section new [re: DreamWarrior]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes.....I completely agree with this idea. I have both 2D and 3D material that I would like to upload but appropriate sections for 2D accessories are not yet available. If we had a categorised 2D section, then all the complaints about 2D material cluttering the front page MAY stop and, those people who look specifically for 2D or 3D products could easily find them.

Cheers

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
09/19/07 09:35 AM
Re: 2D section new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Your inputs are valuable and construction and I'd like to thank you for them.  As you'll see on the site now when you upload art and animation you can check whether it's 3d or 2d.  Now when visitors are looking for 2d art, for example, they simply press the 2d button to see all 2d art/animation.  We didn't feel that it was necessary to have both a 2d and a 3d art and animation section, and we also felt that this solution would make it easy and helpful to all.  This capability has only been active for a week or so and seems to be working well for all, but we will keep an open mind  to creating 2 sections if it becomes obvious that our solution isn't the best.  Please stay tuned as we fine tune the site.

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/19/07 09:41 AM
Re: 2D section [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Many thanks for that information David!!!!!....very useful.

Cheers!Laughing

DreamWarrior
(Stranger)
09/20/07 09:29 AM
Re: 2D section [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've seen the announcement and the new option boxes, even went through my portfolio to move things to the appropiate places.

But I didn't mean a section for 2D art, but a section for 2D resources

I mean:

• Photoshop brushes
  • Photoshop actions
  • Photoshop gradients
  • Any other 2D software's add-ons (Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro, etc.)
  • Clipart, tubes and 2D "objects"
  • Stock photography
  • Wallpapers (the ones for the desktop)
  • Backgrounds (for 3D scenes and/or desktop publishing)
  • Vectors
  • Fonts and dingbats
  • Blog and website templates
  • Icons
  • Different software's parameters
  • Maybe others I can't think of now.

See, each one of these have their own niche of consumers. Allowing these kind of things to be shared here will increase the number of visitors in a great way, IMHO. People from each niche will spread the word and the site will grow and become THE place for all CG resources. Wouldn't that be a great thing?

I think having an expandable 2D resources section is absolutely necessary.

Thanks for listening!

Barb 

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
09/20/07 02:05 PM
Re: 2D section new [re: DreamWarrior]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Barb,

We definitely have tha under consideration, and we'll think about doing it soon.

Thanks!
Jake

DreamWarrior
(Stranger)
09/20/07 02:16 PM
Re: 2D section new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Jake,

Thank you for taking this into account. I'm positive this will have a very good effect on the site and members as a whole.

Cheers!
Barb 

spacenewt
(Stranger)
09/20/07 08:20 PM

Thanks for considering this Jake (I was hoping for a 2d resources section too :) ).

It would help to remove a lot of stuff that is being posted in 3d for want of anywhere else to put it (I'm talking mainly tubes , backgrounds and .png's.... I've posted backgrounds and .png's in textures myself even though it goes against the grain as they're not textures, but there's no where else to put them) .

If you made a dedicated 2d section, then all the textures could go in there and free up a little room on the top of the page Cool

Thanks again Jake.

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
09/21/07 03:58 PM
Re: 2D section new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I second that and Barbs ideas..I make mostly 2D elements, but every once in awhile I do a 3D element....there is nowhere else to put the 2D resources except the textures section

judee3d
(Stranger)
09/28/07 02:53 AM
Re: 2D section new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I was just going to come in here to ask where to put Backgrounds. This sounds like it would be good for that. Maybe I should just wait?

Or else, meanwhile, where do I put a background pack? It's not intended as art, it's intended to be a resource. 

Hmm.. it wouldn't even necessarily have to be called 2d resources - just resources, wiht and explanation, brushes, etc.

I'm interested, too, in finding such things - what category are they in right now? I have no idea where to look for them. 

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise