ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 22045 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

adp__
(Stranger)
10/14/07 10:53 AM
Uploading larger packs - a real PITA Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

After 3 tries to upload a 25MB package I give up.

Each upload where actually perfectly finished (controlled via my Linux box used as NAT router). The site responsed normal, showing "my uploads", but without the new uploaded package.

For smaller packs, 8-10 MB, I got an error "something wrong with the image" for each and every upload in the past. But instead of showing me the used upload page again (with the entries I filled allready), the site shows me the page to upload "2D/3D Art".

Please fix this ASAP if you have a need of quality content for the Poser category. I'm not the only one with this problems.

Tessalynne
(Stranger)
10/18/07 06:05 AM
Re: Uploading larger packs - a real PITA new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hmm, I think I can now sympathize with this problem.  Guess I should take it that when the site went back to my content page without an error message but my new package wasn't there that it just didn't  upload for some mysterious reason. *sigh*

adp__
(Stranger)
10/18/07 08:34 AM
Re: Uploading larger packs - a real PITA new [re: Tessalynne]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

2 days ago I've edited some descriptions using several browserwindows. After sending them back to the server several descriptions are mixed-up. Even two came up with exchanged title lines (even tough I didn't touch the title).

I expect the server has a serious problem with multitasking if the same user interacts with several processes, i.e. browserwindows (often the case if Ajax is used). This may lead to problems even while uploading a package and communicating with the server in another browserwindow (i.e. requesting other pages while the upload is in progress).  

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
10/18/07 09:23 AM
Re: Uploading larger packs - a real PITA new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi adp,

We've known about our upload problems for a while, and we're trying desperately hard to fix them. We understand they are a pain in the butt, but what's driving us mad is that we can't duplicate the problems ourselves, which makes it impossible for us to really get to the root of the problem.

About the multiple windows thing--we think we caught the problem, but just to be safe, try to use only one browser window at a time. I know this can be a little limiting, but we don't want any data being mixed up, which would be even more frustrating. But, again, we think we caught this one.

-Jake

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise