ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 150405 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/31/07 03:18 PM
Re: quality new [re: pauljs75]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

"A portion of Poser complaints do have merit though."

Not enough merit that the entirety of all Poser art should be painted with the same brush. I've seen 3D Studio and other high end application work that can be called junk as well, but I don't make offensive blanket statements about the application and it's users. 

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Panthia
(Newbie)
10/31/07 03:24 PM
Re: quality [re: pauljs75]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm one of those peeps who for a long time was too scared to mess with posing.....well....all it took was a little playing and while my initial pose may be a generic from a pose pack I'm learning to tweak and everything else to get it to exactly what I wanted. 

Matrix....I vote for you to moderate whats good and whats not and what should be considered 'priveleged' art!  muhahahahahahahahahaha 

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/31/07 03:27 PM
Re: quality new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Curse you Panthia! I decline the nomination. Tongue out  Seriously, I don't need that kind of stress in my life. That and if I had to rate everything on this site, I'd never have time to do any of my own submissions.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

HoboBo
(Stranger)
10/31/07 03:34 PM
Re: quality new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Dear Panthia,

Now I have deleted my  "  cyclo backs with an animal stuck in there......"

from the "art"  category. 

HoboBo

Lobsterhead
(Stranger)
11/01/07 03:18 AM
Re: quality new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, that does sound awfully snobbish doesn't it?  What I meant when I mentioned Poser are the images containing a simple Poser figure and standard props. I don't include everything with those criteria, some of these images can be very imaginative. But there are those that are not. I've also seen some good use of Poser where the artist has put obvious thought and planning into the image and used Poser to bring their idea to life.

What I object to are the images where it's appears that the artist has sat in front of Poser, picked a standard pose, added some standard clothing and lighting and then posted it.  I don't have a problem with people creating these images, I just think that these images would be better placed in a personal gallery where it would be the viewers choice whether to look through them all.

Whether it's considered elitist or not, higher quality images in the public gallery

would attract more viewers and artists within the industry.

If you want to be sure of seeing higher quality images, where would you go,

CGSociety or Deviant art?(for example) Yes, you can find high quality images on Deviant Art but they're a lot harder to find.

I suppose it all depends on what kind of site you want to create.

Lobsterhead
(Stranger)
11/01/07 03:18 AM
Re: quality *DELETED* new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Post deleted by Lobsterhead

Lobsterhead
(Stranger)
11/01/07 03:26 AM
Re: quality new [re: Lobsterhead]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I suppose I might get attacked for bashing Deviant art now :) I'm not, I'm just trying to make a point. Apologies to any Poser artists who feel I'm attacking their art, that's not my intention.

joypauline
(Journeyman)
11/01/07 04:54 AM
Re: quality new [re: Lobsterhead]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes....I did get the feeling that you did NOT intend to come across in a "snobbish" manner. That is why I asked what you REALLY meant. Irrespective of the programme used, there will always be poor and outstanding works. As another poster has stated, I have seen poor quality from Max and Maya....Poser is just the same.

At the end of the day it all depends upon what you are trying to achieve with the software. If it is "fit for purpose", then it can be brilliant.

Unfortunately, many galleries and sites show Poser images based on the fantasy world. This is fine of course, but it can become a little boring. Poser has such potential for so many uses. I have used its animation features for educational purposes and that has a specific purpose. I will not be competing with Lord of the Rings or Turner!!!.......it serves this alternate purpose so well.

But...there are people who seem to be able to use Poser with great skill and I so admire them. This programme can be very under-rated and this is such a shame. I remember the days when I had to provide images for my students on gestetners and then get all covered with ink when I printed them out.

Perhaps we are just so spoilt these days cos we have such brilliant tools at our disposal.

I say Poser rocks and I thanks all those users who have inspired me!!!!

Cheers

irishlostboy
(Newbie)
11/01/07 05:24 PM
Re: quality new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

now that poser bashing and lobsterhead bashing is sorted out, how about get back to the subject at hand. quality control. is there a fix, or are we just creating another deviantart type place full of egos and "expression" ( i am allowed to burn deviantart. i have been a member there for years)

i dont want to have to go over to turbosquid, but i think one deviantart is enough.  

http://irishlostboy.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/irishlostboy

Panthia
(Newbie)
11/01/07 05:43 PM
Re: quality new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

it's kinda like rendo's freebie section.....you have to weed thru the bad and find the good......It's gonna be like that just about anywhere that is freebie related.....And hopefully we'll all be better and there won't be an issue!  I said hopefully!

I mean heck, I've bought stuff that once I got it, well.....it sucked!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise