ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 945705 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
adp__
(Journeyman)
01/08/08 05:41 AM
Re: Here's a thought ... new [re: Stepdad]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you don't know sharecg and you have no idea what it's about, it is relegated to the status of yet another site that wants information they really don't need for you to perform a rather simple activity.

I really wonder why other internet services could be successfull if you are right.

One of the biggest security issues today is that users tend to spread their private data blindly. I'm really wonder which internet you are using.

dadchamp
(Member)
01/08/08 05:42 AM
Re: Here's a thought ... new [re: Stepdad]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I look forward to more and more people saying it isn't worth it 'for me' and going somewhere else. That means a bigger cut of the pie for me! Yes, I can be a  greedy B@$TARD ... go somewhere else, it's fine with me!

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

dadchamp
(Member)
01/08/08 05:44 AM
Re: Here's a thought ... new [re: Sixus1Media]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you ... I have a feeling most everyone who has been paid here has probably made at least that amount seeing that they have to make at least $20 to be paid! Jake, Dave, my SSN is available to you! Just ask. I like this place and I want to continue getting my share. If no one else signs up, I'll gladly take their share too!

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Stepdad
(Newbie)
01/08/08 06:18 AM
Re: Here's a thought ... new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ADP: "One of the biggest security issues today is that users tend to spread their private data blindly. I'm really wonder which internet you are using."

The one apparently were people tend to get childish when there idea isn't considered like golden mana falling from heaven.

I've stated my case, and I don't think any fair minded reasonable person would disagree that it has a lot of validity to it.  Obviously you disagree with my approach.  But there is absolutely no need for snippy comments like this one. 

If you can't discuss this like an adult I find no value in discussing this with you at all.

dadchamp
(Member)
01/08/08 06:39 AM

You know how many times I have followed a link to a website to get a freebie only to find out I had to sign up to get access? More times than I wish to consider. It hasn't stopped me from going back. It's almost standard practice to get you on a mailing list to provide updates in hopes that you might come back and BUY something. The places that allow free downloading without a logon are mostly private little sites that the individual created themselves and they don't know HOW to create a logon for their site. And you know what happens to them? They end up with off site linking that drives their bandwidth through the roof and shuts them down (at least it used to, most places are much more generous with bandwidth now but it still doesn't stop the abuse of off site linking). No, registration and logon to access and download is required. It would probably be a good idea to have a 'guest' space where people can go and look at things that are available and maybe have a few sample downloads available, but the main site needs to be protected by logons. It's not perfect but it will help.

--

adp__
(Journeyman)
01/08/08 06:49 AM

Snippy? Ok, I missed to type a ;)

Another reason better have "controlled downloads": There are a lot of sites with link-lists  where you are able to download items or view images hosted on other sites (some of those sites have a good income from ads, the other site has to pay for the traffic). You aren't able to prevent this if you provide "simple access" to content. This is something well known for people dealing with things (sites) like this without the need to spend time to discuss the basics. This is why I say: Details should be discussed internally by people directly involved and prepared with basic knowledge to save time, avoiding missunderstandings and disputes.

Your arguments against registrations is valueable information anyway. Because we now know that a registration form has to be as simple as possible. 

WalkerofShadows
(Stranger)
01/08/08 09:59 AM
Re: Here's a thought ... new [re: Sixus1Media]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks for the info Sixus, hadn't come across that bit in my reading :)

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/08/08 10:13 AM
Re: Here's a thought ... new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I said I'm on SSDI not SSI and I've been so for the past 10 years and my SSDI income is not taxable. I know what's taxable in my state and what is not. Garage sales are not taxable because you've already PAID your taxes when you bought the items in the first place. They can't TAX Twice on items just because you've resold them. E'Bay pretty much falls under the same category. You're mostly reselling items you've purchased and already paid taxes on. It's more like an online Garage Sale than a store.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/08/08 10:18 AM

In reply to:

From MatrixWorks: "Any user must be registered and logged into the site for views or downloads to be payable"

I have to admit I still oppose this idea strongly, because I don' think it's going to accomplish the desired goal.

Please verify who you're qouting before tacking MY name to a qoute. That idea was NOT one I gave or supported. I can't even find where I qouted it from someone else. 

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

dadchamp
(Member)
01/08/08 10:20 AM
Re: Here's a thought ... new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Tell that to a person behind the counter at a Goodwill store the next time you purchase a used item and are charged tax for it! Or at a second hand shop or an antique store ... you CAN be charged tax on a resold item and often are. And the last time I looked at eBay, the number of new items for sale out numbered the used probably about two to one or more! I get charged for sales taxes for new item purchases on there all the time.

--

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise