ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Site Recommendations and Suggestions
Thread views: 126966 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pommerlis
(Stranger)
01/24/08 02:13 AM
Re: comunity time new [re: draagonstorm]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I can understand the concern that draagonstorm has because I'm concerned about the same thing.

I can understand the need for judging & testing the content made for whatever 3D software or 2D software, that I get. But judging art? There's no such thing, art is a matter of personal taste and my experience in these "judging" systems usually start as an ideal and with the intention of being honest and fair but ends in what "elistist" means to me. It's not what you know but who you know. So I'm kind of anxious about the 'judging" art thingy.

Even though I think there needs to be some form of rules if this two-tier system is going to be implemented and we can't avoid that judging part I think. It takes a bit of a leap of faith and maybe Jake and Dave will succeed in where others fail and "judging each others work" doesn't turn into a kind of "Eurovision for modellers contest" online.....Laughing

Now, I've thought about this and I'm willing to give it a shot. And hey, if they become to snotty I think ILB or Dadchamp will yell loud enough....Laughing 

Greetz Pommerlis.

irishlostboy
(Journeyman)
01/24/08 03:42 AM
Re: comunity time new [re: Pommerlis]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i have a backround in fine art, and the amount i heard that "art cannot be judged" was in direct proportion to the amount said persons work should have been burned. lol

but we are not talking fine art here. we are talking CG. and more importantly, the creation of assets for practical application. such things have areas where they can be judged quite fairly. if a mesh has bad topology, it has bad topology. there is nothing very interpretive there. if a texture is bad, its bad. what makes it bad, is nothing to do with art, but to do with the fact that it cannot be used for what it is intended to be used for. 

i think the main thing that need dealing with first is spam posts. the people uploading 30 different variations of the same thing. 

as re; popularity contest, we just need more venomous people like me around here. i hate everyone equilly. ha. seriously though. this is why i suggested that it takes 3 votes on a piece of work by moderators to remove it. at any point i think it should be possible to have the judgment of any moderator called into question on the forum by any user. i cant see there being any favouritism on peoples work, merely because they are not forum hounds. all the best work on sharecg is done by people who have not participated in the forum, and thats just fine. their work does all the talking they need it to. if anything becomes vaguely "eurovision", i will commit hari kiri live on these boards in protest. some things should not be!!

http://irishlostboy.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/irishlostboy

MadameX
(Stranger)
01/26/08 01:51 PM
Re: comunity time new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've not been here at sharecg very long, but have been aware of the recent problems, such as has been stated in earlier posts in this thread. It was quite a while before I decided to put my freebies here and actually, I'm glad I did. This is a great concept and even tho rev sharing is on hold for now, I still like how things are set up here.

That being said, I like the ideas put forth so far. I wasn't aware there was a forum here, til I happened to see the small button in the top menu bar. I agree that it would be beneficial to have it a bit more prominent to urge the users here to come and get info, share, etc.

So far, this two-tier system sounds fair, if implemented the way it's been discussed. I hope that these changes can be applied pretty soon, because this site is really starting to grow on me! LOL!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise