ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Wanted
Thread views: 112856 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
irishlostboy
(Newbie)
09/26/07 04:06 PM
Re: No ideas? new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

why not start making all the little things people will need, but never think of for themselves. paintcans, soundsystems,boots, bins, bycicles, tv's, toothbrushes etc, etc, etc.

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
09/28/07 04:31 PM
Re: No ideas? new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

that's a good idea. those are precisely the kinds of things that are easy to make "free" and are incredibly useful to anyone's daily workflow.

-Jake 

irishlostboy
(Newbie)
09/30/07 12:44 AM
Re: No ideas? new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

its the standard challenge i give everyone. make one simple, but useful thing a day. either a model, or a texture. i do it to take a break from those models which take weeks. just take an hour to make a texture as a rest. and before long you find you have a solid library of stuff to use for any of your projects. 

joypauline
(Newbie)
09/30/07 02:09 PM
Re: No ideas? new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well.......I for one am looking for historical models.....models that relate to early medieval history...Battle of Hastings....medieval life!!!!....suppose that is too narrow for modt people!

Cheers

angelaandreoli
(Stranger)
10/04/07 10:29 PM

hello everyone! i just searched renderosity and i could not find a trailor or camper type thing. i would love to have one of these for my renders. i am currently working on a family of characters that are of inspiration to a horror movie. its funny how no one has thought to make a trailor yet.

adp__
(Stranger)
10/19/07 06:57 PM

All sort of hair, shoes and boots.

3dgreg
(Stranger)
09/18/08 11:09 PM

Someone gave me some great advice recently, model what YOU like, and let them come to you. If you're modeling what you enjoy, you'll have fun doing it. If you try to model, say, cars, because some people want them, one, you won't enjoy yourself, and two, you're models won't be that great. Models like fads are going to change anyway with time. Just have fun with your own ideas.

3dgreg
(Stranger)
09/18/08 11:16 PM
Re: No ideas? new [re: 3dgreg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I just find the post, the advice was by DavidJHanna. Good advice.

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
10/23/08 09:45 AM
Re: No ideas? new [re: 3dgreg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello 3dgreg.

Thanks for the compliment.

I need to take my own advice.  I've created a few little utilities, but never created a single model.  Of course, that's because I enjoy writting code. 

I also like the idea of using themes.  Holidays and historical were mentioned, but there are thousands of themes you can build a whole collection around.  Mermaids and other legends, your favorite TV show or book, your favorite Anime or Cartoon,  Sporting events, and Schools are just a few possibilities.

My basic rule is that if I am not having fun, I must not be doing it right.

-David

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise