ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Wanted
Thread views: 83640 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
Soloyoandme
(Stranger)
03/09/08 06:37 AM
tutorials for creating clothes for v3 Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi there!

I would really like to know how to make new clothes for V3 or Aiko,(modelling)

also I would like to know the diference between a prop,dynamic,etc

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
03/09/08 09:51 AM
Re: tutorials for creating clothes for v3 new [re: Soloyoandme]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Soloyoandme
  I haven't done any modeling yet, but I have started collecting software to make it easier.  If there is a specific piece of software you wish to do the modeling in, you may want to include that in your request so that the tutorials will better match the tools you have.  I have run across quite a few tutorials on making clothing, but I don't remember where I found them.  

I didn't find one with a quick search at ShareCG, but that might mean I need to work on my searching skills.  ShareCG has a whole section for tutorials.  The tab for tutorials is at the top of the screen.

I did a quick search at the Daz3D forum, and got 53 hits for "tutorial", "modeling", and "clothing".   http://forum.daz3d.com

I also did a quick search at FaerieWylde for "tutorial" and "clothing", and found 35 matches, including one specifically on Dynamic clothing.  http://www.faeriewylde.com

Any Poser or Daz Studio forum you regularly visit would be a good place to do a search.  I hope this helps.

-David

Soloyoandme
(Stranger)
03/11/08 05:09 AM
Re: tutorials for creating clothes for v3 new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

thanks David,i will look into those , but I did already look in here at cg, and at daz, and could not find what I was looking for, is really about how to model the clothes, an imported them into daz, and how to make them you know posable por the charaters,my tools are wings 3d,I got daz studio, also I did used blender but found it anoying, too complicated,cant be bother to learn it also I have gimp, all the free software I could find, i think they are great programs,but they lack quality at rendering,again thanks

Axe_Swipe
(Newbie)
03/11/08 09:57 AM
Re: tutorials for creating clothes for v3 new [re: Soloyoandme]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

To make clothing posable for DAZ Studio, you are essentially going to need either a copy of Poser or Greenbriar's Toolbox II Poser/Toolbox III Pro (available in the DAZ store), as DAZ Studio does not have rigging tools.

Your other and far more painful alternative is to download Kuroyume's Poser Unofficial CR2 File Specification and a good text editor ( I recommend Notepad++ myself)

dadchamp
(Member)
03/11/08 03:35 PM

Actually, if V3 comes with a zero pose character and I believe it does, if you have modeled the clothing around the V3 character and have the various body parts named to match V3, all you have to do is edit the cr2 for V3 to point to the new OBJ and save it with a new name. This can be done in WordPad and needs to be done at two locations in the CR2 (right at the top of the file and about 120 lines in). As long as Wingz saves the OBJ scaled properly for use in Poser, and i thnk it does, it should work at least as a starting point. But ultimately you would need either poser or Greenbriar to fine tune things.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Soloyoandme
(Stranger)
03/12/08 02:00 AM
Re: tutorials for creating clothes for v3 new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

sorry!! What are you talking about ? is this programming?

the only thing i know about programming is html, thats it,could you point to some good tutorials? thanks for your reply.

and also I let you know that God is not doing anything to you,at the contrary you are the one whos insulting God!,please forgive me if this  anoys you,but like you I also has freedom of speech,and God bless you!

Axe_Swipe
(Newbie)
03/12/08 05:40 AM
Re: tutorials for creating clothes for v3 new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

dadchamp is correct, you can just modify the "V3 Blank" .Cr2 file. Where the tweaking occurs is (unless the clothing is super skin-tight) you will run into issues with joint bends and the fall-off zones which is where Poser's joint editor comes into play (I'm not sure how Toolbox handles this).

And to a point it is a bit like HTML programming in that you have tags that tell the CR2 "This is the head" and "This is the neck" and parameters below each that tell it "The joint bends here" and so on.  You model is just a static object.  The CR2 tells Poser and DAZ Studio how to manipulate it and where the material zones are applied and how.

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
03/12/08 09:53 AM
Poser CR2 Specs new [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Axe_Swipe
Thanks for the link to CR2 specifications.  I've already started looking at it, and it will help considerably with my VB coding.  If you know any more good Poser Specs links, please let me know. 

-David

Axe_Swipe
(Newbie)
03/12/08 05:03 PM
Re: Poser CR2 Specs [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

As far as Poser goes, that spec is really the only one you need, as the fundamentals described in it really apply to the .pp2, .hr2, etc. files as they are really all structured the same with some slight variances that are obvious when looked at in a text editor.

Now you also have to realise that it is not up to date as it was last updated shortly after Poser 5 was released, so there will be some developments that you won't find in there.

Maybe I'll see if the author will allow me to put it into a wiki, so that the community can keep it up to date.  Something to think about...Undecided

Soloyoandme
(Stranger)
03/12/08 07:27 PM
Re: tutorials for creating clothes for v3 [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ok, thanks axe-swipe ,now am a bit clear, or I think I understand something, but  do you know of any tutorials on how to do this, because really am a begginer in this and the only thing I know to do at this moment is some 3d models in wings 3d, am also learning rendering,so yea  thanks again

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise