Attendees Will See How Newly Released Revu 11 Enables Architects to Work without Limits
PASADENA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 20, 2013 — This week, architects attending the 2013 American Institute of Architects (AIA) National Convention and Design Exposition will get a firsthand look at Bluebeam® Software’s latest innovations. Bluebeam, the leading developer of PDF-based markup and collaboration solutions for technical professionals, will be showcasing how its recently released Revu® 11 is helping architects and engineers better organize, access and redline project PDFs.
“Revu 11 is enabling the architecture, engineering and construction industry’s top firms to come in ahead of schedule and below budget,” said Richard Lee, Bluebeam Software President and CEO. “New features in Revu 11 will help users organize files so answers can be found and shared faster, access project data from anywhere, at any time, and ultimately streamline communication so that project teams can work faster and more effectively.”
For more than a decade, Revu has provided easy-to-use PDF markup and collaboration solutions that enable professionals to electronically redline PDFs, automatically track comments and digitize workflows including drawing reviews, submittals, RFIs and punch. By leveraging Revu’s integrated collaboration feature, Bluebeam Studio™, teams maintain a digital master set by storing files online and marking up a shared copy of a PDF file with others in real time or over a period of time. Revu 11 now includes Studio Projects Offline, an enhancement that allows users to continue editing files stored in a Studio Project, even if they inadvertently lose their internet connection. As Studio continues to become a must-have solution for project teams worldwide – with over 2,000,000 Studio communication transactions every day – Studio Projects Offline means that project collaboration continues even if a device loses internet connectivity.
Additional features in Revu 11 that are making it easier than ever to work digitally include:
- VisualSearch™ enhancements that identify all instances of drawing elements regardless of size, color or rotation so users can easily hyperlink, highlight or count search results
- The Format Painter which standardizes markups on the fly by allowing users to select an annotation with desired property settings and quickly apply them to other annotations
- 3D PDF viewing enhancements that make it easier to view and annotate hard-to-reach interiors and explain how to assemble or repair complex building elements
- AutoMark™ technology for instantly creating PDF bookmarks or page labels from title blocks or other PDF content
- Sets™ which allows users to view, navigate, edit and search multiple PDFs as if they were one file, enabling users in the field to quickly load one PDF at a time on tablets while those in the office can easily see the big picture
The AIA 2013 National Convention and Design Exposition is taking place June 20th through June 22nd at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado. Bluebeam will be exhibiting in booth #1530 to demonstrate how Revu is streamlining workflows and enabling project teams to design and communicate better, faster and smarter.
Bluebeam Software products are sold direct and through a global network of resellers. For more information, visit www.bluebeam.com.
About Bluebeam Software, Inc.
Bluebeam Software makes smart, simple solutions for paperless workflows based on the PDF format. Founded in 2002 in Pasadena, California, Bluebeam's award-winning PDF creation, annotation and collaboration solutions are used today by the world's top architectural, engineering and construction firms, oil and gas companies as well as government agencies, accountants and even attorneys, for dramatically improved workflow and more sustainable, paperless operations. Bluebeam supports customers in over 65 countries directly through its Account Services team in addition to a global reseller network. For more information, visit www.bluebeam.com.