Enterprise-wide application enables video, images, data, and applications to be shared with colleagues on display walls, PCs, now provides iOS and Android Clients, Backup and Restore, Pan and Zoom Features, Audio Support and other features
Product Featured at InfoComm 2014, Jupiter Booth #N1105
LAS VEGAS — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 18, 2014 — InfoComm 2014 – Jupiter Systems, the leading worldwide supplier of collaborative visualization solutions for video walls, PCs, and mobile devices, today announced the introduction of Jupiter’s Canvas 2.1. Canvas 2.1 provides the following new capabilities and features:
- Support for the iOS and Android Canvas clients to enable users to be able to collaborate with others no matter where they are and on any device.
- Backup and Restore feature to allow users to back up the Canvas configuration settings and restore the setting back in the of system failure.
- Pan and Zoom feature to let users digitally zoom the window from 100 – 150% by changing smoothly from a close-up to a long shot range, or vice versa, by varying the focal length.
- Audio Support from all its sources, to allow the audio stream to be played on speakers attached to PC, Jupiter Fusion Catalyst and mobile clients.
- Source Continuity which enables Canvas 2.1 to support sources when the server is either disconnected or unavailable and to allow sources to continue to be viewed or upstreamed with depending on the Canvas server.
- Fusion Catalyst™ Support that enable Canvas 2.1 to run on any Jupiter Fusion Catalyst system.
- Display Wall Control Capabilities that allow Canvas 2.1 to support use of Crestron of AMX touchpads to control a Fusion Catalyst display wall processor in a Canvas deployment.
- Online Help where and when the Admin clicks on the help menu, it will open a new Help tab window with the ability to search help topics.
Canvas enables managers of global enterprises to access essential information, communicate and problem solve in real time, anywhere, on almost any device, as if all participants were gathered in one place. Canvas is deployed in a wide variety of industries, including: one of the largest natural gas and electric utilities in the United States, a Fortune 500 healthcare products company with more than a dozen manufacturing operations around the world, a bank that must monitor an extensive network of ATM machines and other facilities, and a large electrical utility managing a smart grid spanning some of the US’ most populous areas.
Canvas is well suited to the needs of the enterprise and government agencies across industries, including education and training, security, defense, healthcare, retail, oil and gas, public safety, public and private utilities, traffic and transportation, and finance. Canvas is complementary to products from more traditional collaboration vendors.
About Jupiter Systems
Jupiter Systems is the leading worldwide supplier of visualization and collaboration solutions for display walls, PCs, and mobile devices. Jupiter’s best-of-breed products are designed for continuous, 24/7 operation and can be found in leading network operation centers, traffic management centers, electric power generation and distribution control rooms, emergency operations centers, surveillance and security centers, financial management operations, boardrooms, and fixed and mobile military operations control centers in thousands of installations around the world. For more information, please visit www.jupiter.com.
Robin Stavisky, +1 650-858-1070