During the event, Lectra presented an overview of 3D technology, its use in the fashion design and development process, and the impact it has on speed-to-market, quality, fit, and cost. Several graduate students and faculty members participated in interactive workshops on Lectra's latest advanced technologies, including solutions for design, product development and marker development.
Lectra also sponsored the following faculty and graduate student awards for scholarly research, teaching methods and original designs:
- Faculty Design Award: Linda Ohm-McDaniel, Kent State University, "Shaped by a Stitch"
- Outstanding Graduate Student Design, Best in Show: Anna Perry, Iowa State University, "Dream Whisperings"
- Outstanding Graduate Student Design, Best Use of Technology: Lauren Ude, University of North Texas, "Elytra"
- Innovation Award for Faculty Research: Huantian Cao, Richard Wool, Emma Sidoriak and Shijin Gong, University of Delaware, "Evaluating Comfort Performance of Environmentally Friendly Leather Substitute (Eco-Leather)"
- Innovation Award for Teaching: Tameka N. Ellington, Kent State University, "Apparel Manufacturing Processes: Experiential Learning for FutureTechnical Designers"
"As the fashion and apparel industry continues to evolve, we think it is more important than ever for students to be well-versed in today's technology," explains Roy Shurling, President of Lectra North America. "We have joined forces with organizations such as ITAA and support almost 900 colleges and universities around the world to advance fashion education. Lectra believes very strongly in nurturing the industry's future professionals."
About the International Textile and Apparel Association
The ITAA is a professional, educational association composed of scholars, educators, and students in the textile, apparel, and merchandising disciplines in higher education. ITAA welcomes professionals employed in those fields who wish to join with members of the Association in the pursuit of knowledge, interchange of ideas, and dissemination of knowledge through meetings, special events, and publications.
Lectra is the world leader in integrated technology solutions that automate, streamline and accelerate product design, development and manufacturing processes for industries using soft materials. Lectra develops the most advanced specialized software and cutting systems and provides associated services to a broad array of markets including fashion (apparel, accessories, footwear), automotive (car seats and interiors, airbags), furniture, as well as a wide variety of other market sectors, such as aeronautical and marine industries, wind power and personal protective equipment. Lectra serves 23,000 customers in more than 100 countries with 1,500 employees and $270 million in 2013 revenues. The company is listed on Euronext.
For more information, please visit www.lectra.com
Contact – Lectra North America: Jahmin Lee
Email: Email Contact
Tel.:+1 770 422 8050 – Fax: +1 800 538 7619
International Textile and Apparel Association