OTTAWA, May 5th, 2015 /CNW/ - The Royal Canadian Mint, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, is celebrating the kid in all of us by issuing gold and silver collector coins featuring the widely beloved Looney Tunes™ to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Bugs Bunny.
"Looney Tunes is one of the most popular cartoons ever to grace the small and big screens and the mere mention of adored characters, such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety and Sylvester, brings generations of Canadians and fans around the world back to our youth," said Sandra Hanington, President and CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint. "These expertly crafted collector coins make a sentimental gift for any Looney Tunes fan, or a wonderful collectible for those with a passion for animation and its history."
"We're excited to partner again with the Royal Canadian Mint, this time to bring our beloved Looney Tunes characters to this timeless collection of coins that shines with nostalgic charm," said Karen McTier, Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Several Looney Tunes™ collector coins, featuring a variety of technology, special offers and unique packaging, will be issued by the Royal Canadian Mint throughout 2015. The following are available for purchase as of today:
- A subscription set featuring all eight $10 silver coins that will be issued throughout 2015. The set's unique presentation case also includes an opening to store the "20 for $20" silver coin. Each coin features a fun, hidden surprise design element.
- A $20 "Merrie Melodies" silver coin featuring Bugs Bunny and the gang in a design that is reminiscent of the Looney Tunes' end credits. The coin is cleverly packaged in a box that mimics the ACME crate.
- A $20 silver Looney Tunes™ four-coin set featuring popular characters Sylvester, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Tweety. This set, which is also available as a subscription, also includes a free Looney Tunes™ wrist watch.
- A stunning 14-karat gold Bugs Bunny and Friends coin, which brings together several famous characters from the Looney Tunes, including: Bugs Bunny, the Tasmanian Devil, Wile E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian. Look closely for a hidden surprise design element in this coin! As part of this special issue, this coin is accompanied by an exclusive Looney Tunes™ pocket watch.
- A $2,500 pure gold kilo coin and a $250 silver kilo coin depicting every major character in the Looney Tunes™ pantheon. The design of both coins features selective coloured enamel applied by hand to a coy Bugs Bunny who serves as the central focal point. He is surrounded by a cast of characters which recapture the zany spirit of fun with which Looney Tunes™ is synonymous.
A "$20 for $20" silver coin featuring expert engraving that brings to life Bugs Bunny will be available on May 12, 2015.
Each of the coins have limited mintages, so order yours today before "That's all, Folks!"
These coins can be ordered from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca/looneytunes. The coins will also be available at the Royal Canadian Mint's boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through the Mint's global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada's circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit. www.mint.ca
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Images of these coins are available by visiting ftp://communications:RCM2007@ftp.mint.ca.
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mint
|Royal Canadian Mint
Government of Canada
For more information, media are asked to contact: Christine Aquino, Director, Communications and Public Affairs, Royal Canadian Mint, Telephone: 613-993-9999