3D Tau Stereo-Step-Eclipse technology provides a full 3D experience viewable by multiple people from multiple angles without the need for special glasses or wearable devices.VILNIUS, Lithuania, July 8, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — 3D Tau today announced 3D Tau Stereo-Step-EclipseTM (SSE), a patent-pending technology that provides the ability to display video in stereoscopic 3D on a screen. Available now for license, 3D Tau SSE technology provides a full 3D viewing experience that is viewable from multiple angles without the need for special glasses or other wearable devices such as contact lenses, monoculars or helmets. It does not require viewer head tracking and, unlike existing applications, 3D Tau enables any number of viewers, arrayed at any angle, to see the 3D image on the screen. This makes it ideal for gaming and other entertainment applications as well as training simulations, remote medicine and a wide variety of other business, civil and military uses.
3D Tau SSE technology is designed to be embedded directly into a new generation of screens for televisions, movie theaters, computer displays, game consoles, advertising and conference/exhibition panels and avionics/navigation systems among others. The SSE screen consists of three thin layers on top of a standard LCD screen: a rear-facing lenticular, an LCD shutter and a front-facing lenticular. While enabling the multi-angle display of 3D images, SSE technology preserves the full native screen resolution of the primary LCD screen. It requires no complicated holography equipment and takes up roughly the same space as a traditional screen.
In addition to showing images in 3D, the SSE optical scheme can be used for augmented reality applications, when real and virtual objects are shown on the same screen simultaneously. This provides a new and impactful way to display modern video graphics content in 3D, with applications in entertainment, education, scientific modeling and simulators for training, transportation and industrial uses. Other applications that can benefit from the 3D Tau SSE technology include the display of topographical maps, surveillance and dispatching systems and visual aids for navigation, robotics and avionics among other uses.
The 3D Tau SSE technology can also be used to allow different viewers of a single screen to view different content based on their viewing angle. For example, parents can view one video while their children, sitting a short distance to the side, can view a completely different video – all on one single screen. This also provides a new opportunity for aviation and transportation dashboards, where, for example, a pilot can see her set of video instruments while the co-pilot sees his own set of instruments from the same, centrally-located screen.
Features of 3D Tau Stereo-Step-Eclipse Technology:
- Easy to use: No special glasses, helmets or head tracking are needed and there's no need to perform dynamic adaptation for any particular viewer.
- Multi-view: A scene can be visible from multiple angles depending on the viewer's position relative to the screen. Different users will see different views when looking from different positions.
- Unlimited viewer count: Multiple users can look at the screen and all of them will see the view from their perspective, as there is no user tracking.
- Thin layer and lightweight construction: Only three thin, additional layers are applied on top of standard LCD panels.
- Low power consumption: The system requires only small amount of electricity or computational power for its operation. The primary power consumption is from a special LCD shutter that creates the 3D viewing experience.
- No image resolution loss: The lens and shutter technology allows precise focusing of the view and keeps the same image resolution as the primary image display.
Stereo-Step-Eclipse technology can be licensed now from 3D Tau. For more information, please visit 3dtau.com.
About 3D Tau
Based in Vilnius, Lithuania, 3D Tau was formed in 2015 for the development and marketing of the Stereo-Step-Eclipse technology. This new, patent-pending 3D optical display technology is based on 10 years of research and development with a focus on simplifying the generation and display of multi-viewer 3D video and graphics.
Jennifer Allen Newton
Bluehouse Consulting Group, Inc.
jennifer (at) bluehousecg (dot) com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-3d-tau-technology-provides-3d-viewing-experience-without-special-glasses-300110065.html
SOURCE 3D Tau