Microsoft Opens gamescom 2015 with New Game Reveals for Xbox and Windows 10COLOGNE, Germany, Aug. 4, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Today Xbox opened gamescom 2015, the world's biggest interactive games and entertainment expo, with new game reveals for Xbox and Windows 10, extending the company's greatest lineup in Xbox history into 2016.
The company debuted world-premiere gameplay of anticipated exclusives "Crackdown 3," "Scalebound" and "Killer Instinct Season 3," alongside a new gameplay demo of the heavily anticipated "Quantum Break."
Xbox also announced "Halo Wars 2" — an exciting new strategy game packed with fast-paced action, massive battles and an all-new Halo story, coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 in fall 2016.
Shawn Ashmore, lead actor for Remedy Entertainment's "Quantum Break," surprised fans as he took the stage with Remedy's Creative Director Sam Lake to discuss and showcase the game's latest time-amplified gameplay features.
By popular fan request, Xbox announced DVR for Over-the-Air TV is coming to Xbox One as a subscription-free service1 in 2016. Once Xbox One is set up for over-the-air TV, Xbox One owners will be able to record their favorite TV shows, movies and sporting events and store them onto a hard drive, so the amount of recorded content is only limited by the size of the drive.
The Greatest Games Lineup in Xbox History Starts Today
The launch of "Rare Replay" on Aug. 4, 2015, kicks off the 2015 Xbox games lineup, which was the most awarded lineup in Xbox history at E3 2015. Today at gamescom, the company revealed more 2015 games news and gave fans an in-depth look at the blockbuster games available this fall:
- 343 Industries signaled the return of Halo eSports with the Halo World Championship, kicking off this fall with the biggest investment in Halo eSports history — a $1 million prize pool.
- Crystal Dynamics gave fans their first look at one of the expansive hubs gamers will be able to explore in the highly anticipated "Rise of the Tomb Raider," before showing off Lara's new guerilla combat skills and the awe-inspiring Prophets Tomb, filled with secrets to be discovered when the game releases this November, exclusively on Xbox.
- Turn 10 Studios announced four additional tracks coming to "Forza Motorsport 6," each built from the ground up for this generation — Circuit of the Americas, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Sonoma Raceway and Germany's famous Hockenheimring — as well as all-new Forza Race Leagues that offer competitive 24-player multiplayer on dedicated servers.2
- Electronic Arts shared a look at "FIFA 16," detailing the full roster and new features coming to FIFA Ultimate Team Legends, and reminded fans that EA Access members3 will get exclusive early access to the game beginning Sept. 17, only on Xbox One.
- Gamers who purchase Square Enix and Avalanche Studios' upcoming open-world action adventure "Just Cause 3" on Xbox One will exclusively receive "Just Cause 2. 4"
- Ubisoft provided a look at the German CTU featured in its upcoming multiplayer shooter "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege." Gamers who purchase the game on Xbox One will exclusively receive both "Rainbow Six Vegas" and "Rainbow Six Vegas 2. 4"
- Oxeye Game Studio, co-founded by "Minecraft" Lead Developer Jens Bergensten, Daniel Brynolf and Pontus Hammarberg, will launch indie title "Cobalt" as a console exclusive on Xbox 360 and Xbox One in October 2015.
- ID@Xbox showed several innovative titles at gamescom, including "Worms WMD," "Thimbleweed Park," "Train Simulator," "Ark : Survival Evolved," "Sheltered," "We Happy Few," "Bloodstained" and more than 30 independent games coming to Windows 10. Fans have a lot more to look forward to, as more than 150 new ID@Xbox titles are coming in the next 12 months.
- Just in time for the holidays, two exclusive "FIFA 16" console bundles, a limited edition "Halo 5: Guardians" console bundle and two new limited edition controllers from "Halo 5: Guardians," are all available for preorder starting today.
- Mojang announced that since the launch of "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition" beta less than a week ago, players have traveled more than 826 million meters in-game; the equivalent of circling the earth 20 times.
Xbox One Backward Compatibility Launches in November with 100 Xbox 360 Titles and Games With Gold Support
- Since the announcement of Xbox One Backward Compatibility at E3 2015, fans have cast over 3 million total votes on Xbox Feedback for the Xbox 360 titles they'd like to play on Xbox One.
- Xbox One preview members have logged more than 83 years playing Xbox 360 backward-compatible titles on Xbox One.
- "Gears of War" and "Shadow Complex" are the newest titles playable on Xbox One today through Backward Compatibility.
- Xbox One will be the only next-generation console to offer backward compatibility for free this November. With more than 100 Xbox 360 titles and hundreds more to follow.
- All future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be playable on Xbox One, meaning Xbox Live Gold members will have more free games to play each month on Xbox One.
Xbox Is Home to the Most Anticipated Exclusives and Blockbusters of 2016
Building on the greatest games lineup in Xbox history announced at E3 2015, including games like "ReCore," "Sea of Thieves" and "Gears of War 4," Microsoft revealed additional details on the exciting lineup of titles coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 in 2016:
- "Crackdown 3" (XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE). Stop crime as a superpowered Agent of justice in this hyperpowered sandbox of mayhem and destruction. Developed by original creator Dave Jones, "Crackdown 3" delivers cooperative mayhem and an all-new multiplayer mode2 where destruction is your ultimate weapon, powered by the Microsoft Cloud. Multiplayer beta beginning in 2016.
- "Dark Souls III." Known for delivering a high level of unrelenting challenge to gamers, the next chapter of the "Dark Souls" saga returns with "Dark Souls III." Developer FromSoftware returns to create a new blighted world for players to explore. The embers of a once-proud kingdom set the stage for this new adventure. Players will battle against fearsome enemies and bosses with a variety of weapons and magic through a mysterious land riddled with secrets.
- "Halo Wars 2" (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). An exciting new strategy game packed with fast-paced action, massive battles and an all-new Halo story, "Halo Wars 2" is coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 in fall 2016. Developed by Creative Assembly, a SEGA company and the creators of the popular "Total War" series, in partnership with 343 Industries, "Halo Wars 2" is the sequel to the game that redefined real-time strategy on consoles.
- "Homefront: The Revolution." "Homefront: The Revolution" is an open-world first-person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement and wage guerrilla warfare against a superior military force to ignite the Revolution. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation.
- "Killer Instinct Season 3" (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). Launching in March 2016 on Xbox One and Windows 10, "Killer Instinct Season 3" was announced at gamescom and features eight new characters, including Rash from Battletoads. Killer Instinct and "Rare Replay" players can download and play a limited sneak peek of Rash on Xbox One starting Aug. 4 .
- "Quantum Break" (XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE). From the makers of " Max Payne " and " Alan Wake ," Remedy Entertainment showcased new gameplay and footage of "Quantum Break," the studio's latest blockbuster game with time-amplified action and a suspenseful storyline brought to life in a way never done before in the gaming world. "Quantum Break" will be available on April 5, 2016 .
- "Scalebound" (XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE). Unite with a fearsome, noble dragon in "Scalebound," the next great adventure from critically acclaimed developer PlatinumGames and renowned Game Director Hideki Kamiya . Available fall 2016.