Vancouver - August 13th, 2018 - Illumination Research introduces 3Delight Cloud, a game changing technology allowing artists to render interactively and seamlessly from their workstation using thousands of cores, and 3DelightNSI, a fast and refreshingly simple to use path tracer built on top of the nimble Nodal Scene Interface (NSI) and versatile Open Shading Language (OSL).
3Delight Cloud and 3DelightNSI are available through artist friendly integration with Foundry's Katana and Autodesk Maya.
3Delight Cloud Highlights
• Easy of Use - Select 3Delight Cloud and press “Render". It could not be simpler. No manual data upload or download is required.
• Extreme Performance - Images render interactively with thousands of cores. An image that takes hours to render on even a powerful workstation, renders in mere minutes using 3Delight Cloud.
• Simple Pricing - Very simple and aï¬�ordable per minute billing at a rate of 2 cents/minute per slice of 24 cores. There are no storage fee, no data transfer fee.
• Uniï¬ed Sampling - this novel approach frees the artists from tedious task of adjusting numerous "samples" parameters. A single parameter now controls the quality of the image for both surfaces and lights. The renderer automatically distributes sample where they are needed most.
• LIVE Rendering - Changes to any aspects the scene or render settings are updated live thanks to the nimble Nodal Scene Interface.
• Volumes - Fast rendering of atmosphere and OpenVDB support with blazing fast startup times even with the very large data sets.
3Delight Cloud is available now to existing clients under support. Starting from Q4 2018 it will be made available progressively in various geographical markets as a public beta.
3DelightNSI for Katana is available now from Foundry. It comes free for interactive renders in Katana v3.0. Additional licenses can be purchased from Foundry for batch renders.
3DelightNSI for Maya will be available August 27th. The ï¬rst license is free. It incorporates all the features and is only limited in performance to use 12 cores (or use thousands of cores through 3Delight Cloud). Unrestricted licenses are available for purchase at $720 or on a subscription basis at $360/year.
About Illumination Research
Illumination Research specialises in rendering solutions for the demanding environment of the VFX and animation production pipeline. Its product line include 3DelightNSI, 3DelightNSI for Maya and 3DelightNSI for Katana. Illumination Research also oï¬�ers rendering services through 3Delight Cloud.
© 2018 Illumination Research Pte Ltd. All rights reserved. Product features, speciï¬cations and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the Americas and are subject to change without notice. 3Delight is a trademark of Illumination Research. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.