SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 30, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- XRDC, the premier conference for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) innovation, announces new sessions for its 2018 event taking place October 29-30 in San Francisco, CA. The XRDC 2018 program aims to inspire designers and developers with AR, VR & MR possibilities and provide practical solutions for design, technical and business challenges. Sessions will highlight groundbreaking XR innovations such as the viral success of the VR game ‘Beat Saber’ and Volkswagen’s use of AR to navigate factories.
XRDC will take place October 29-30 at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, CA. To register, please visit xrdconf.com
"We are excited for our audience to hear about such a wide range of new and interesting applications for AR, VR, and MR that will be discussed at XRDC, as well as the rapid technology innovation in the XR space," said Katie Stern, General Manager, XRDC and GDC. "This year's programming focuses on inspiring applications and success stories, provides practical education about the latest technologies, techniques, and trends, and offers unrivalled networking with industry leaders."
XRDC 2018 will showcase a new generation of real world, practical XR solutions with mass market appeal for education, training, healthcare and innovative use cases across industries. This year’s program will explore various forms of XR, including Boeing’s combined use of AR and VR for training, MR solutions for medical procedures and design, as well as technical talks from leading technology companies and AR/VR startups.
A few of this year’s session highlights include:
- Designing for Unpredictable Experience Sizes in AR – Alesha Unpingco, Google
- Adaptive Design in MR: UX Problems and Solutions – Jada Williams, Microsoft
- Reasoning APIs: How to Translate AR Between Engineering and Design – Andrew Maneri, Unity
- The Holodeck is Here...Now What? Advanced Interactions for Room-Scale VR – Devin Reimer & Andrew Eiche, Owlchemy Labs
Games & Entertainment
- The Story of 'Beat Saber' – Jaroslav Beck, Beat Games
- VR Interaction Design in 'Moss' – Josh Stiksma & Brendan Walker, Polyarc
- 'Sprint Vector': Evolving VR for the Esports Scene – Andrew Abedian, Survios, Inc.
Enterprise Training & Education
- AR/VR Challenges for Training Environments – Eric Spalding, Boeing
- VR Training Use Cases: BMW to American Football – Rosstin Murphy & Ginny Willis, STRIVR
- Designing VR Content with Students in Mind – Lisa Castaneda & Anna Cechony, foundry10
- Mixed Reality Guidance for Medical Procedures – Brian Hargreaves, Stanford University
- The Dolphin Swim Club: A Healing Underwater VR Experience – Benno Brada & Marijke Sjollema, The Dolphin Swim Club
- Mastering XR for Automotive – Chris O’Connor, ZeroLight
- Using AR Cloud for Factory Navigation – Clemens Kirner, INS Insider Navigation Systems GmbH
For more information about this year's XRDC program, please visit: schedule.xrdconf.com/list
To register for a media pass, please visit: xrdconf.com/media/
Get in Touch:
XRDC, brought to you by the organizers of the Game Developers Conference (GDC), is the premier conference for augmented, virtual, and mixed reality innovators. Following five successful editions of Virtual Reality Developers Conference (VRDC), XRDC was developed to meet the growing demand for high-quality content in the space and encompass the rich diversity of immersive experiences. Programming reflects augmented, virtual and mixed reality applications, in a variety of industries spanning games, entertainment, healthcare, education, training, industrial design, brand experience and more. XRDC will take place October 29-30, 2018 at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, CA. To learn more and to register, visit: www.xrdconf.com
XRDC is organized by UBM, which in June 2018 combined with Informa PLC to become a leading B2B information services group and the largest B2B Events organizer in the world. To learn more and for the latest news and information, visit www.ubm.com and www.informa.com