- 3D Systems' advanced portfolio enables production workflows to improve agility, reduce complexity and lower total cost of operationROCK HILL, S.C., Nov. 8, 2018 — (PRNewswire) — 3D Systems (NYSE: DDD), the originator of 3D printing, is featuring its complete end-to-end additive manufacturing solutions portfolio at Formnext 2018, stand F10, Hall 3, enabling companies to innovate, design and manufacture in new ways and realize competitive advantage. In addition to showcasing the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of plastic and metal additive manufacturing solutions, 3D Systems will demonstrate a full range of industrial customer applications designed to create more innovative products faster, with lower total cost of operation.
"The solutions 3D Systems will showcase at Formnext 2018 represent 30 years of customer-centric innovation and industry leadership which are today enabling our customers to create products and business models never before possible," said Vyomesh Joshi, president and chief executive officer, 3D Systems. "At Formnext 2018, we are not only showcasing the most extensive, integrated portfolio of additive manufacturing solutions, we are also demonstrating how our customers are able to transform the manufacturing process, and thus their businesses."
Plastic Solutions for Prototyping through Production
3D Systems offers a full portfolio of plastic 3D printing solutions – from functional prototyping to automated production solutions - designed to help customers to grow their business by transforming the way they design and manufacture parts.
At Formnext 2018, 3D Systems' will feature two configurations of the company's Figure 4™ platform for functional prototyping and low-volume production – Figure 4 Standalone and Figure 4 Production. Print speeds of up to 100mm/hr at six sigma repeatability and smooth surface finish make the Figure 4 platform the fastest, most accurate 3D printing technology available. Visitors to 3D Systems' booth can see how Figure 4 enables a variety of applications including mass customization of eyewear for a perfect fit, manufacturing spare parts on demand, and high-volume eggshell molding for consumer products and mechanical parts.
The company recently introduced the ProJet® MJP 2500 IC – a first-to-market solution for industrial investment casting that produces RealWax™ patterns in a fraction of the time and cost compared to traditional pattern production. 3D Systems is today announcing its first European customer for this game-changing product. My Part Meccanica, based in southern Italy, is a certified provider of rapid manufacturing services, specializing in the design and production of precision components for aeronautics and precision mechanics.
"We chose the ProJet MJP 2500 IC to produce investment casting patterns for our customers' aerospace parts. Our chief criteria were the outstanding, smooth surface finish the printer achieves and the possibility to create medium to large parts with very tight tolerances at speeds superior to traditional tooling," said Massimo Russo, founder and president, My Part Meccanica.
For functional prototyping, 3D Systems will showcase the entry-level, industrial grade FabPro™ 1000. The FabPro 1000 – which includes the company's 3D Sprint software - creates precise, high-quality parts at up to three-times-faster throughput compared to competing systems. This solution is ideal for engineers, jewelry artisans and fabricators looking for a reliable plug-and-play solution that delivers exceptional plastic part quality and fast print speeds for rapid prototyping, functional prototyping and final parts, investment casting for small parts, and dental applications such as surgical guides and dental models.
For manufacturers needing to produce larger parts with superior durability and finishing, attendees can learn more about the ProX® SLS 6100. The next-generation printing platform enables customers to seamlessly scale from functional prototyping to low volume production parts for the automotive, durable goods, and healthcare industries as well as satisfying specific needs for aerospace interior cabin parts. At Formnext 2018, attendees will be represented by demanding industrial applications such as aircraft interior cabin parts, air ducts for Formula One cars, and jigs and fixtures for volume production assembly.
High Quality, Precision Metal Part Production
For high quality, precision metal applications, 3D Systems will feature the newest additions to its DMP platform of metal additive manufacturing solutions. These include the new DMP Factory 500, developed in partnership with GF Machining Solutions, that integrates additive and subtractive manufacturing to build higher quality seamless metal parts up to 500 mm x 500 mm x 500 mm with lower total cost of operation. At Formnext 2018, the company will debut its latest high throughput, scalable, DMP metal 3D printing solutions designed for volume production of critical components for industrial applications such as aerospace, healthcare and transportation. Further expanding the partnership with GF Machining Solutions, the company is demonstrating GF Machining Solutions' new high-speed wire cutter at Formnext 2018 for the DMP Factory 500 - the CUT AM 500. The new wire EDM machine, with planned availability in 2019, combines high-speed operation with the ability to cut even the smallest, most fragile metal parts from the build plate without damaging the parts or causing any contamination or alteration of the material.
Included in the many metal additive manufacturing applications 3D Systems will be highlighting at Formnext 2018 is conformal cooling. 3D printing metal tool inserts with complex cooling channels reduces cycle time in injection molding thus increasing throughput, and helps cool the injected part evenly to reduce part warpage and improve part quality. This is especially attractive for injection molding for automotive, aerospace, and medical applications where part fit and functionality are absolutely critical.
Software Portfolio Streamlines Manufacturing Workflow
3D Systems' end-to-end software workflow is designed to enhance productivity and ease-of-use while offering measurable return on investment. 3D Systems is the only company in the industry that provides tools for the entire manufacturing workflow, from digitization to design and simulation, through manufacture, inspect and manage. At Formnext 2018, visitors will receive live demonstrations of the company's complete suite of engineering solutions including:
- 3DXpert™, the only all-in-one integrated software solution for the entire metal additive manufacturing workflow to prepare, optimize and print quality parts,
- 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS - Complementary software for SOLIDWORKS, providing everything a designer needs to create more shapes more ways including file preparation and optimization to produce quality parts,
- 3D Sprint™ – making it easier than ever to prepare and optimize CAD data for plastic 3D printing with features such as automatic support creation,
- Geomagic® Design X - Geomagic Design X is the only reverse engineering software that combines feature-based CAD with 3D scan data processing, enables designers to cut days to weeks from their design process, speeding time to market. At Formnext, the company will preview Geomagic Design X 2019,
- Geomagic Control X enables users to capture and process data from 3D scanners and other devices to measure, understand, and communicate inspection results to ensure quality, and
- Geomagic FreeForm® an organic design software featuring a rich set of hybrid modeling tools to rapidly create models with intricate details and prepare them for manufacturing.
On Demand Services Open the Door to Manufacturing Transformation
3D Systems' On Demand helps customers explore new design and manufacturing opportunities that transform the way their products are conceived, produced and delivered. Through On Demand, 3D Systems' customers can access an unrivaled array of resources and expertise for fast product prototyping and low-volume manufacturing of end-use parts.
At Formnext 2018, 3D Systems On Demand will be featured in its own stand (Hall 3, Stand F8) directly across from 3D Systems' main exhibit and will showcase examples of the additive and subtractive manufacturing services offered. Visitors are encouraged to come consult with the On Demand experts to learn how to best leverage services for rapid prototyping, functional prototyping, appearance models and low-volume manufacturing.
3D Systems will hold several events at this year's show. On Tuesday, November 13 at 3 pm , 3D Systems' President and Chief Executive Officer Vyomesh Joshi will host a press conference in the Apropos Room, Level C, Hall 3 West. On Wednesday, November 14 , Kevin McAlea , EVP, general manager, metals and healthcare, 3D Systems will deliver a presentation on the "Impact of Metal Additive Manufacturing on the Hybrid Factory" at 1:15 pm at the TCT Introducing Stage, Hall 3.1.