Major AMD software release features first AMD high-quality, device-independent wireless PC-to-VR streaming1 and new instant replay capabilities via Radeon™ ReLive2, plus powerful system and game optimization capabilities that deliver unparalleled visual experiences
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition, the next generation of its software suite for AMD Radeon™ GPUs, providing gamers, creators and enthusiasts with new immersive features that deliver unparalleled visual experiences.
AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition unleashes the power of AMD Radeon GPUs, delivering up to 15 percent average higher performance for some of today’s top game titles3 compared to last year. The 2019 Edition also enables streaming of PC-based games and video to mobile devices and is the first AMD solution designed to enable PC-quality streaming to standalone Virtual Reality (VR) headsets, delivering incredible VR experiences on millions of standalone VR devices2.
“AMD Radeon software is designed to deliver the ultimate in stability and performance for an unparalleled gaming experience,” said Andrej Zdravkovic, corporate vice president of software, Radeon Technologies Group. “We are delighted to unveil our biggest software update ever. Built upon the industry’s most stable driver4, AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition delivers double-digit performance improvements in select games and amazing new features, making it easier than ever for gamers to optimize their graphics settings to invigorate the PC gaming experience for both novice and expert Radeon™ GPU users.”
Key new and enhanced features of AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition include:
- PC-to-VR and mobile device streaming: AMD Radeon™ ReLive, combined with the updated AMD Link mobile application and dedicated VR store applications, now enables streaming of PC-based games and video to standalone VR headsets as well as a wide selection of Android and iOS-based mobile phones and tablets via a home Wi-Fi network2. The new functionality provides low-latency, PC-quality experiences on mobile devices and standalone VR headsets, delivering brilliant colors and razor-sharp images.
- In-game instant replay: AMD Radeon™ ReLive software, which enables gamers to capture, stream and share their greatest moments, now allows them to revel in their victories instantly by viewing a five-to-30 second picture-in-picture style gameplay clip or by creating a five-to-30 second GIF without leaving the game. In addition, the new scene editor provides more content creation tools, enabling the editing of streams and captures as well as incorporating more content into streaming overlays.
Powerful optimization tools improve the AMD Radeon™ GPU experience: New and updated user-friendly tools simplify gaming and system configuration, including:
- Radeon™ Game Advisor: A new intuitive, wizard-like tool walks gamers through the process of tuning their games for the optimal mix of fluid animation and visual fidelity.
- Radeon™ Settings Advisor: Automatically recommends system and display settings for the optimal gaming experience that can be deployed with a single click.
- Upgrade Advisor: Determines if a PC meets the minimum and recommended developer game specifications and offers AMD CPU and GPU hardware upgrade suggestions, if needed.
- Updated AMD Link application: The free AMD Link mobile application features a streamlined user interface, new driver upgrade features, enhanced Radeon™ ReLive gallery support and, for the first time, the ability to use natural language voice commands to control Radeon™ ReLive functionality and track performance metrics.
- Improved performance and power management: AMD Radeon™ WattMan Technology now provides one-click controls for auto-GPU and memory overclocking5 and auto-GPU undervolting6. The revamped AMD Radeon™ Chill power-saving tool delivers up to 20 percent more power savings in select titles7.
- Fluid, responsive and stunning imagery: Enhanced AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology8 provides auto-tone mapping to deliver exceptional color contrast and visible detail consistently across FreeSync™ technology-supported displays9. In addition, the AMD Virtual Super Resolution feature now supports ultra-wide 21:9 displays.
- Monitor, record and fine tune without leaving the game: The updated Radeon™ Overlay feature allows users to access system performance metrics on screen, and now includes in-game controls for AMD Radeon™ WattMan5 technology, Enhanced Sync technology and Game Advisor. The new release also provides one-click access to the AMD Radeon™ Software ecosystem, including Radeon™ ReLive, performance monitoring, Radeon™ Chill, Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC), Radeon FreeSync™ technology8, and color settings.
AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition is available today here.
- Download AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition here
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
- Follow Radeon™ graphics on Twitter
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
- Streaming is enabled through Steam®, the Steam® VR Ecosystem, and the Radeon™ ReLive Wireless VR app. GD-136
- PC game compatibility depends on headset capability. Please see www.AMD.com/ReLive. Requires HTC Vive Focus or phone and headset which supports Google Daydream (Android 7.0). For VR connectivity, an 802.11ac router or access point is required. Compatible with AMD Radeon™ RX 470, RX 570, RX 480, RX 580, RX 590 & RX Vega series products, Supports Windows® 10. GD-135 Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 8th, 2017 on the 8GB Radeon RX 480, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With the highest preset on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Overwatch, Prey, and Project Cars 2, at 1920x1080, the Radeon RX 480 scored 65.7, 66.8, 152.5, 89.2, and 72.8 FPS respectively with Radeon Software 17.12.1 whereas the Radeon RX 480 scored 58.3, 60.7, 134.1, 75.1, and 62.0 FPS respectively with Radeon Software 16.12.1. Comparing FPS between titles, Radeon Software 17.12.1 gains 13%, 10%, 14%, 19%, and 17%, respectively, averaging up to 15% faster performance over these titles. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-192
- AMD’s Graphics Driver received a 93% reliability score in 2018 testing up to 11% higher than the competition. In May 2018, AMD commissioned QA Consultants to independently evaluate the stability of several of the latest graphics drivers from both AMD and NVIDIA. “Graphics Driver Quality – Determination of Stability from Leading Market Vendors”- https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/graphics-driver-quality.pdf. GD-134.
- Overclocking AMD processors, including without limitation, altering clock frequencies / multipliers or memory timing / voltage, to operate beyond their stock specifications will void any applicable AMD product warranty, even when such overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. This may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. Users assume all risks and liabilities that may arise out of overclocking AMD processors, including, without limitation, failure of or damage to hardware, reduced system performance and/or data loss, corruption or vulnerability. GD-106
- Undervolting is supported on Radeon™ Vega Graphics products only. GD-137
- Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 15th, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX Vega 64, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With the Epic-preset on Fortnite at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 consumed 242 watts with Radeon™ Chill enabled whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 241 watts with Radeon™ Chill disabled. With the Epic-preset on Overwatch at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 consumed 180 watts with Radeon™ Chill enabled whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 221 watts with Radeon™ Chill disabled. With the ultra-preset on PLAYERSUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUND at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 consumed 162.5 watts with Radeon™ Chill enabled whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 110.5 watts with Radeon™ Chill disabled. Lowering power consumption in Fortnite by 14%, in Overwatch by 47% and PLAYERS’ UNKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS by 40% respectively. On average, on select titles 18.12. 2 lowers power consumption with Radeon™ Chill enabled by up to 20%. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-261
- FreeSync 2 does not require HDR capable monitors; driver can set monitor in native mode when FreeSync 2 supported HDR content is detected. Otherwise, HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support GD-105
- Requires a monitor and AMD Radeon™ graphics, both with FreeSync support. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-127