- The Micron 9300 SSDs enable near real-time access to data by providing the industry’s lowest average write latency*.
- The new SSDs’ sustained performance of 3.5GB/second for both reads and writes accelerates application response time and learning.
- Offered in capacities up to 15.36TB and 32 NVMe namespaces, enterprises can effectively and efficiently address growing storage needs.
BOISE, Idaho, April 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: MU), today unveiled its new series of flagship solid-state drives (SSDs) featuring the NVM Express™ (NVMe™) protocol, bringing industry-leading storage performance at higher capacities to cloud and enterprise computing markets. The Micron ® 9300 series of NVMe SSDs enables companies with data-intensive applications to access and process data faster, helping reduce response time.
“The introduction of our third generation of NVMe SSDs endorses our tradition of continued innovation for cloud and enterprise markets,” said Derek Dicker, corporate vice president and general manager for Micron’s Storage Business Unit. “The Micron 9300 is our flagship series of NVMe SSDs, which feature industry-leading sequential write performance and latency, increased capacities, and delivery of a 28% reduction in power over the previous generation.”
Enterprises deploying advanced cloud infrastructures require systems that can store, retrieve, process and quickly analyze massive amounts of business-critical data. Driven by this need, many enterprises are transitioning primary storage from SATA-based SSDs to NVMe.1 The Micron 9300 series equally balances its 3.5GB/second throughput on both reads and writes to deliver faster response times for data-centric applications in comparison to other NVMe SSDs available on the market. Combined with its class-leading write latency and sequential write performance*, the Micron 9300 series excels in even the most demanding data center environments.
Data center system designers not only value performance criteria such as throughput and latency, but also the ability to maximize the use of infrastructure and lower the total cost of ownership. The new series of drives performs nearly nine times faster2 than leading enterprise SATA SSDs and is 35% more efficient.3 The Micron 9300 series consumes 28% less power than earlier NVMe drive generations, helping reduce operational costs. The availability of the SSDs in high capacities allows customers to scale according to their changing storage needs and keep up with the explosion in data growth.
“Support for massive amounts of fast storage in a server is a key feature of the AMD EPYC processor and is critical to our customers,” said Raghunath Nambiar, corporate vice president and chief technology officer for AMD datacenter ecosystem and application engineering. “With 128 lanes of PCIe available in a single socket, the AMD EPYC processor is an ideal match for the new Micron 9300 NVMe drives and for the data-centric workloads such as database applications, big data analytics and software-defined storage solutions that are increasingly found in the modern data center.”
The Micron 9300 series provides storage densities that were once reserved only for hard disk drives (HDDs) by offering capacities up to 15.36TB. Large capacities and up to 32 NVMe namespaces allow enterprises to tailor deployments more efficiently for maximum storage use.
Additional Highlights — Micron 9300 Series NVMe SSDs
- 850,000 read and 310,000 write inputs/outputs (IOPS**).
- Class-leading capacities up to 15.36TB enable per-rack storage density that outperforms even the densest HDDs.
- Data-integrity features such as data-path protection, power-loss protection for in-flight and at-rest data, sanitize crypto erase, and more.
The Micron 9300 series of NVMe SSDs is offered in two versions with varying endurance and performance characteristics. The 9300 PRO series is designed for read-intensive workloads and offered in capacities of 3.84TB, 7.68TB and 15.36TB. The 9300 MAX is geared toward mixed-use applications and offered in capacities of 3.2TB, 6.4TB and 12.8TB. Both versions will be available in U.2 (2.5-inch, 15 mm) form factor, support PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe and be rated for a mean time between failures of 2 million hours.
The Micron 9300 series of NVMe SSDs is available now. For more information, visit
- Blog: www.micron.com/about/blogs
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/MicronStorage
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/micron-storage
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MicronTechnology
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron®, Crucial®, and Ballistix® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, NOR Flash and 3D XPoint™ memory, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like data center, networking, automotive, industrial, mobile, graphics and client. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more about Micron Technology, Inc., visit micron.com.
* Based on the best SKU in each NVMe high-performance product family’s U.2 (15 mm) form factor and information in public competitor data sheets accessed Feb. 1, 2019. Actual performance may vary.
** Based on maximum data sheet specifications. Performance specifications vary by model, capacity and form factor.
2. 9300 PRO vs 5200 ECO (7.68TB) datasheet specification for random read performance (850K vs 95K)
3. 9300 PRO vs 5200 ECO (7.68TB) datasheet specification for sequential read performance and power (3500MB/second at 12W vs 540MB/second at 2.5W)
© 2019 Micron Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Information, products, and/or specifications are subject to change without notice. Micron, the Micron logo, and all other Micron trademarks are the property of Micron Technology, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media Relations Contact: David Oro Micron Technology, Inc. +1 (707) 558-8585 firstname.lastname@example.org