SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 10, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- XRDC, the premier conference for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) innovation, announces program highlights for its 2019 event, taking place October 14-15 in San Francisco, CA. The XRDC 2019 program will focus on the latest technology and best practices impacting the industry and will explore innovative applications for games, entertainment, enterprise training, healthcare, and more.
XRDC 2019 will take place October 14-15 at the Fort Mason Festival Pavilion in San Francisco, CA. For more information and to register, please visit: xrdconf.com/
In addition to taking place in a non-traditional venue, XRDC 2019 will feature a fresh approach to conference organizing by utilizing silent conference systems. Attendees will receive headphones at the beginning of each session and the equipment will be collected and cleaned at the end of every presentation. As a silent conference, XRDC will facilitate constant and simultaneous demos, business meetings, and expert-led presentations in one cohesive hall.
“As virtual, augmented, and mixed reality developers continue to expand their innovations into new industries, it’s become essential for XRDC to provide an educational space for this work to be displayed,” said Katie Stern, General Manager, XRDC and GDC. “We’re thrilled to provide our attendees with the opportunity to take a closer look at these innovations while networking with like-minded peers.”
XRDC 2019 Program Highlights:
- 'Blood & Truth': Lessons Learned Making a VR Action Movie – Stuart Whyte, PlayStation London Studio
- Bringing VR Experiences to Life with the Magic of Music – Daniel Perry, Owlchemy Labs
- Voice Changes Everything: Bringing the Natural Language Processing Revolution to VR – Peter Akemann, Skydance Interactive
- Designing and Operating a Free-Roam LBVR Experience: Lessons Learned – Martin Tichota & Jakub Kucera, DIVR
- Case Study: Ubisoft's Escape Rooms – Cyril Voiron, Ubisoft Blue Byte
- 'War Remains': Using LBE to Transport Audiences to WWI – Taylor Williams, Flight School Studio & Mac Smith, Skywalker Sound
- This Machine Has No Brain, Can It Borrow Yours? – Omer Shapira, NVIDIA
- Building Virtual Reality for Public Safety – Jack Lewis & Sarah Hughes, NIST
- How Skanska Construction Used VR Training to Increase Worker Safety – Tim McDonough, Unity Technologies
- MRI Simulator: Using Biofeedback Loops to Reduce Anxiety in Children – Vice, Packet39, Inc.
- A VR Tool for Interactive Pharmaceutical Design at the Nanoscale – Mike O’Connor & David Glowacki, University of Bristol
- XR Adoption in Senior Care Training: Lessons for Success from Design to Deployment – Carrie Shaw, Embodied Labs
- XR Development for Architecture – Christopher Morse & Adam Chernick, SHoP Architects
- Show Them the ROI: How AR is Transforming Decades Old Business Processes to Deliver Impressive Results – Scott Montgomerie, Scope AR
For more information about this year’s XRDC program, please visit: xrdconf.com/conference/
To register for a media pass, please visit: xrdconf.com/media/
XRDC, brought to you by the organizers of the Game Developers Conference (GDC), is the premier conference for augmented, virtual, and mixed reality innovators. Following five successful editions of Virtual Reality Developers Conference (VRDC), XRDC was developed to meet the growing demand for high-quality content in the space and encompass the rich diversity of immersive experiences. Programming reflects augmented, virtual, and mixed reality applications in a variety of industries spanning games, entertainment, healthcare, brand experience, enterprise, training, safety, and more. XRDC will take place October 14-15, 2019 at the Fort Mason Festival Pavilion in San Francisco, CA. To learn more and to register, visit: www.xrdconf.com. XRDC is brought to you by Informa Tech.
About Informa Tech
Informa Tech is a market leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the global Technology community. We're an international business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in more than 20 markets. Our aim is to inspire the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and event brands that inform, educate and connect. Over 7,000 professionals subscribe to our research, with 225,000 delegates attending our events and over 18,000 students participating in our training programmes each year, and nearly 4 million people visiting our digital communities each month. Learn more about Informa Tech.