- "Flash-based apps packaged with AIR allow content creators to deliver premium gaming and video experiences, while HTML5 apps built with PhoneGap enable fantastic, general-purpose mobile apps. We continue our close partnership with NVIDIA to ensure that these visually rich, highly-interactive apps can significantly benefit from Tegra 3's enhanced CPU and GPU horsepower."
- Jennifer Carr, Senior Director, Business Development at Adobe
- "We've been developing multimedia applications on Tegra 3 for some time now. The quad-core processing muscle will allow some new apps and use-cases that consumers are going to love."
- George Tang, General Manager and VP of the Video and Entertainment Group at ArcSoft
- "Tegra 3's quad-core performance makes a huge difference for photo and augmented reality apps. Our Photaf Panorama Pro THD app runs more than 40% faster, and Face Costume gets over 60 percent speedup over comparable dual-core processors. Quad core opens up new possibilities for future application development, especially in the field of computer vision."
- Oren Bengigi, CEO at Bengigi Studio
- "Tegra 3 gives us the quad-core horsepower to really push the envelope on cool video editing effects, smooth video playback, augmented reality camera and other challenging applications. With Tegra 3, we're delivering real-time compositing and preview of simultaneous 1080p HD streams and graphics on a mobile device -- that's amazing."
- Alice H. Chang, CEO at Cyberlink
- "Seamless, compelling Augmented Reality (AR) experiences demand that all of the pieces of a mobile device work together. Metaio's AR software requires optimized mobile hardware to make the way we access digital information a more natural experience. Tegra 3 delivers the multi-core CPU performance required for advanced vision processing while bringing a tremendous boost in GPU performance. Working with Tegra's software stack will make it possible for us to utilize all of those capabilities towards building an Augmented World."
- Dr. Thomas Alt, CEO at metaio
- "Tegra 3's combination of HD video playback performance and extended battery life will give Netflix members a fantastic experience as they watch movies and TV episodes streaming from Netflix via their Android devices."
- Bill Holmes, Vice President of Business Development at Netflix
- "Tegra 3 gives us the horsepower we need to bring a PC-quality photo editing experience to mobile devices through applications like Snapseed, by Nik Software."
- Michael Slater, President and CEO at Nik Software
- "By collaborating with NVIDIA, we are able to bring advanced multi-touch and pen capabilities to the tablet market, providing the Android user with a smoother and richer user experience, and enhancing the tablet from a basic consumption device to one that offers more personal and creative capabilities. The processing strength provided by Tegra 3's additional cores will enable application developers to dedicate CPU cycles to UI processing and provide an enriched pen solution for artistic, enterprise and educational applications."
- Amichai Ben David, CEO of N-Trig
- "The tablet and mobile device market are exploding and productivity applications are central to this growth. As the most widely distributed mobile office software, we are excited to partner with NVIDIA to take advantage of the enhanced capabilities inherent in the Tegra 3 quad-core chip to bring continued innovation in the marketplace."
- David Halpin, VP of Engineering at Quickoffice
- "Splashtop plus Tegra 3 offers users an unparalleled cross-device experience. Splashtop enables sharing content among smart phones, tablets, and TVs, and combined with Tegra 3's quad-core processing muscle, it can support 30 frames-per-second video with extremely low latency -- perfect for games and multimedia!"
- Mark Lee, CEO and Co-Founder of Splashtop
- "WebGL is being rapidly adopted on HTML5-capable desktop, laptop and netbook systems, and now NVIDIA is helping to bring WebGL to Android. Tegra 3 delivers an incredible level of performance -- the four cores provide the multi-threading horsepower needed to drive a complete browser stack including highly interactive 3D."
- Ken Russell, Chair, WebGL Working Group
- "Tegra already provides the fastest platform for silky smooth magazine reading on Android. The quad-core capabilities of Tegra 3 will help us further accelerate and enhance the complete browsing, downloading and reading experience."
- Vandan Parikh, Director, Reading and Mobile Technologies at Zinio
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to statements as to: the impact, benefits and performance of NVIDIA Tegra 3 processors and related applications; and the effects of the company's patents on modern computing are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include: global economic conditions; our reliance on third parties to manufacture, assemble, package and test our products; the impact of technological development and competition; development of new products and technologies or enhancements to our existing product and technologies; market acceptance of our products or our partners products; design, manufacturing or software defects; changes in consumer preferences or demands; changes in industry standards and interfaces; unexpected loss of performance of our products or technologies when integrated into systems; as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports NVIDIA files with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, including its Form 10-Q for the fiscal period ended July 31, 2011. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on the company's website and are available from NVIDIA without charge. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
© 2011 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, GeForce, and Tegra are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
HDMI, the HDMI logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1794508
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1794511
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1794514
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1794517
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1794520
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1794523
For further information, contact: Bruce Chan NVIDIA Corporation (408) 562-7596 Email Contact