- Team 987, HIGHROLLERS, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Team 2826, Wave Robotics, Oshkosh, Wis.
- Team 4265, Secret City Wildbots, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- Team 2512, Duluth East Daredevils, Duluth, Minn.
2. FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC®) World Championship – FTC students learn to think like engineers. Teams build robots from a reusable kit of parts, develop strategies, document their progress, and compete head to head. The object of this year’s game, named CASCADE EFFECTSM, is to score more points than an opponent by placing balls into rolling goals and then moving goals into scoring areas. Points can also be awarded when balls are shot into a center goal.
Approximately 44,500 students on 4,450+ FIRST Tech Challenge teams competed during the 2014/2015 FTC season. The 2014/15 FIRST Tech Challenge Sponsors include Official Program Sponsor for the FIRST Tech Challenge, Rockwell Collins, and FTC CAD and Collaboration Sponsor, PTC.
The FIRST Tech Challenge World Championship Inspire Award, recognizing excellence in robot design and teamwork, went to Team 3595, Schrödinger’s Hat, Fairbanks, Alaska. The Winning Alliance was Team 6433, Neutrinos, Lakeland, Fla.; Team 7245, RedNek Robotics, Sun River, Mont.; Team 2844, ValleyX Robotics, Chandler, Ariz., of the Franklin Division.
The FTC Volunteer of the Year Award winner was Dale Jordon of Oregon. The Compass Award for excellence in coaching/mentoring was awarded to Coach Warren Morris, Team 6510, CyberSharks, Palacios, Texas.
3. FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®) World Festival – FLL introduces younger children to real-world engineering challenges by conducting research projects and building LEGO-based autonomous robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations, discover exciting career possibilities and learn to make positive contributions to society. This year’s challenge, FLL WORLD CLASSSM, engaged 267,000+ kids on nearly 27,000 teams to redesign how we gather knowledge and skills in the 21st century.
Top honors went to Champion’s Award 1st Place winner, Team 23850, Fast & Curious, Aley, Lebanon; Champion’s Award Finalist, Team 23750, Mechatronic Ants, Pamplona, Spain; and Champion’s Award Finalist, Team 2936, HIPPIES (Humans in Peaceful Pursuit of Intellectual Engineering Skills), Peoria, Ill.
FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award Finalists
• Team 4678, Braille Boys & Annie, Cumming, Georgia, Insta-Braille
• Team 12758, LEGO Lions, Austin, Texas, Haptic AppPlatform for Visually Impaired
• Team 100, Team Storm, Terre Haute, Ind., ROY G. BIV Math System
4. Junior FIRST® LEGO® League (Jr.FLL®) World Festival Expo – Jr.FLL introduces children ages 6 to 9 to the exciting worlds of science and technology. Teams of up to six children and one adult Coach take on a real-world Challenge, to be explored through research, critical thinking, and imagination.
In this year’s Jr.FLL Challenge, Jr.FLL THINK TANKSM, teams took a closer look at where and how learning happens every day. Teams learn how science, technology, engineering, and math impact our everyday lives while they get excited about future innovations.
2015 FIRST Championship Sponsors
Qualcomm is the 2015 FIRST Championship Presenting Sponsor.
2015 FIRST Championship Program Sponsors include: Energizer Holdings, Inc.; FedEx Corporation; Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD); Google; Monsanto; NRG Energy; U.S. Air Force; United Technologies Corporation (UTC).
Other 2015 FIRST Championship Sponsors include: Abbott Fund; Bechtel Corporation; The Boeing Company; BOSCH; The Coca-Cola Company; Comcast NBCUniversal; The Dow Chemical Company; Dr. William H. Danforth; Edward Jones Foundation; I Am Jane; INCOSE; Microsoft Corporation; Mouser Electronics; Nidec Motor Corporation; NVIDIA; Rockwell Automation; Scottrade, Inc.; Southwest Airlines; SpaceX; St. Louis Regional Chamber; Trio Foundation of St. Louis; UL; Vulcan Spring & Manufacturing Co.; Wells Fargo Advisors.
Save the date! The FIRST Championship will be held in:
St. Louis April 27-30, 2016 | Houston April 19-22, 2017 and St. Louis
April 26-29, 2017 | Houston April 18-21, 2018 and Detroit April 25-28,