Barbatuques is a body percussion group based out of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Led by multi -instrumentalist and composer Fernando Barba, the group was established in 1995. The 15 members in the group use only their bodies to perform music that is one of a kind.
In the early years of the group's inception, it had mainly been active in performances at public institutions such as schools as well as at events held domestically. Concerts in Paris and Spain in 2005 triggered buzz outside of Brazil about the band's performance skills, which led to touring to various places around the world. In 2006, Barbatuques won the TIM Brazilian Music Award for Best Brazilian Pop Music Group. In 2014, the group took part in the production of the soundtrack for the animated film "Rio 2."
The group attracted attention in 2016 due to performing at the closing ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Games. They have released three albums in all thus far, the last one in 2012 an album for children titled "Tum Pá."
Panasonic x Neymar Jr. Highlights of the "NEYMAR JR. CRAZY SKILLS" project
- Number of countries where viewed: 213
- PVs: 749,305
- Unique visitors: 203,481
- Facebook "likes": 280,000
- YouTube movie views: 1,267,974
*Monitored June 12 through October 20, 2015
- No. of "NEYMAR JR.'s CRAZY SKILLS AWARD" clips submitted: total of 183
*Tabulated December 24 through October 20, 2015
- Access ranking by country (the top 10 countries)
1st: Japan (125,820); 2nd: USA (103,975); 3rd: China (54,701);
4th: Brazil (52,804); 5th: India (23,937); 6th: UK (21,937);
7th: France (17,833); 8th: Korea (17,383); 9th: Germany (17,361);
10th: Kenya (12,445)
Notices about the featuring of content and announcement of winners were also posted on Neymar Jr.'s official Twitter account in both English and Portuguese. This content was re-tweeted all over the world and received many "likes."
- 69th Dentsu Advertising Awards, winner of the Excellence and
Outstanding Awards in the Digital Media Advertising and Browser
- FWA "SITE OF THE MONTH, Aug 2015"
- FWA "SITE OF THE DAY, Aug 3 2015"
- FWA "MOBILE OF THE DAY, Jul 29"
- FWA "THE CUTTING EDGE PROJECT OF THE WEEK, Aug 17 2015"
- ACC CM FESTIVAL "Finalist (Interactive)"
- WEBBY AWARD 2016 "Best-use-of-animation-or-motion-graphics" nominee
Panasonic × Neymar Jr. CRAZY SKILLS "360° OBSERVATION CAM" and "NEYMAR JR.'s CRAZY SKILLS AWARD"
[Video] Crazy Skills Award being reviewed by Neymar Jr!
Panasonic Neymar Jr. Official Web
Searching for Players to Appear with Neymar Jr. in a Special Movie Slated for Production! (Jul 14, 2016)
Panasonic Neymar Jr. Facebook Page @PanasonicNeymarJr
Panasonic Neymar Jr. YouTube Channel
Neymar Jr. Official Web
Panasonic Newsroom Global: http://news.panasonic.com/global
Global Communications Department
Media Promotion Office
* When submitting your inquiries, please also provide your name, name of media, and country of residence.