Winners to be Selected and Announced at The Year in Infrastructure 2017 Conference, October 10-12 in Singapore
EXTON, Pa. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 10, 2017 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, today announced the finalists in the 2017 Be Inspired Awards program. The annual awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Ten independent jury panels comprising distinguished industry experts selected the 51 finalists from more than 400 nominations submitted by organizations in more than 50 countries.
The finalists will present their innovative projects to their peers, the jurors, industry thought leaders, and more than 120 members of the media as part of related infrastructure forums at The Year in Infrastructure 2017 Conference, October 10-12 in Singapore at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre.
This gathering of leading professionals in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations will feature:
- thought-provoking keynotes by Bentley senior executives and prominent industry thought leaders
- live technology presentations from Bentley’s alliance partners – Microsoft, Siemens, Bureau Veritas, and Topcon
- opportunities for attendees to meet and have one-on-one discussions with awards finalists
- informative industry forums and panel discussions featuring speakers from Microsoft, Siemens, Bureau Veritas, Australia Road Research Board, Applied Research & Associates, Building and Construction Authority of Singapore, and more
- Be Inspired Awards finalists’ presentations on October 10 and 11
- evening ceremony and gala featuring announcement of the Be Inspired Awards winners on October 12
The Year in Infrastructure 2017 Conference is an ideal opportunity for management-level executives in engineering firms, architecture firms, construction companies, and government or owner-operator organizations responsible for the design, delivery, and/or operations of infrastructure to share best practices and meet infrastructure professionals from around the world. All those who submitted a nomination in the Be Inspired Awards program are also invited to attend.
Bentley Systems Chief Communications Officer Chris Barron said, “The Year in Infrastructure Conference is a one-of-a-kind networking and learning experience for infrastructure leaders from around the world. This year we have an unprecedented number of participants for the Be Inspired program, and are pleased to congratulate and acknowledge all of the participants for their excellent work and inspiring projects. Conference attendees will have the chance to meet the awards finalists, and see them present their projects, which represent this year’s most outstanding BIM advancements in global infrastructure.”
This year’s conference will be held for the first time in Singapore at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre, one of the most iconic buildings in Asia. The structural design of Marina Bay Sands was done by Arup and was Bentley’s 2010 Be Inspired Award winner for Innovation in Structural Engineering.
Mike Lee, vice president of sales, Marina Bay Sands, said, “Marina Bay Sands is honored to be the chosen venue for Bentley Systems’ first-to-Singapore conference. Our relationship with Bentley dates back to our construction days, as our iconic building was structurally engineered using Bentley Systems software. We look forward to welcoming Bentley and its delegates to our integrated resort to experience its multitude of business, leisure, and dining offerings under one roof.”
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2017 are as follows:
BIM Advancements in Bridges
- AECOM – Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge – (New Haven, Connecticut, United States)
- Arcadis-WSP/PB Joint Venture– Citylink Tulla Widening– (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- Long Jian Road & Bridge Co., Ltd. – Heihe - Blagoveshchensk Heilongjiang River (Amur River) Road Bridge Project– (Heihe City, Heilongjiang Province, China)
BIM Advancements in Buildings and Campuses
- Morphosis – The Bloomberg Center – (New York, New York, United States)
- Shalom Baranes Associates – Cannon House Office Building Renewal – (Washington, District of Columbia, United States)
- WSP – 1 Blackfriars, London – (London, England, United Kingdom)