Celebrated filmmaker premieres next short film in the visually stunning series, created and rendered in real-time using Unity 2017
SAN FRANCISCO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — November 21, 2017 — Unity Technologies ( https://unity3d.com/), creator of the world’s most popular creation engine that has reached more than 3 billion devices to date this year, announced today that 'ADAM: The Prophet' will premiere at SIGGRAPH Asia at 11p.m.PT on November 29, and will be available to watch worldwide on YouTube shortly after. 'ADAM: The Prophet' is the next short film in the visually stunning series, created and produced by Academy Award-nominated director Neill Blomkamp’s OATS Studios using Unity 2017. A trailer showing the ADAM story to-date is available to watch today.
“Unity 2017 is a real-time production powerhouse, it was natural that we’d use it to build the next installment in the ADAM franchise,” said Chris Harvey, VFX Supervisor, OATS Studios. “SIGGRAPH is a place where artists gather to learn the latest innovations and advances in the world of art and design. We’re excited to share the breakthrough techniques that we used to make 'ADAM: The Prophet.'”
About the ADAM Franchise
'ADAM: The Prophet' is the third installment of the ADAM franchise, giving viewers their first glimpse of one of the villains in the ADAM universe. It comes after ' ADAM: The Mirror', which follows the cyborg hero discovering a clue about what and who he is. The series originated with ADAM, an award-winning short film, originally created to demonstrate technical innovations on Unity.
Unity Showcases Innovations at SIGGRAPH Asia
Located at booth #A02, OATS Studios and Unity will be giving SIGGRAPH Asia attendees a look at the breakthrough achievements in 'ADAM: The Prophet', including deep dives into features and techniques such as photogrammetry, Timeline and other workflows used to achieve lifelike CG humans. Additional sessions will also be held to demonstrate the latest advances in XR, artist workflows and technologies in Unity 2017.
Unity’s presence at SIGGRAPH includes (all dates UTC):
- November 27 - Exhibitor Talk: the State of XR with Yi Fei Boon, Field Engineer at Unity Technologies, located at Nile 4, Level 2
- November 28 - Exhibitor Talk: Making a film with Unity, Mathieu Muller, Field Engineer and Film Specialist at Unity Technologies, located at Nile 4, Level 2
- November 28 - Screening of 'ADAM: The Mirror', located at Venue GH 202 and 203
- November 28 - 30 - Mini presentations by Jay Santos, Lead Evangelist, Yi Fei Boon, Field Engineer and Mathieu Muller, Field Engineer and Film Specialist, located at Exhibition Booth #A02
- November 29 - Screening of 'ADAM: The Mirror', located at Venue GH 202 and 203
- November 30 - Computer Animation Festival - Panel & Production Talks: Unity Presents: Filmmaking in a Real Time Engine, the Making of ADAM, Chris Harvey, VFX Supervisor at OATS Studios and Mathieu Muller, Field Engineer and Film Specialist at Unity Technologies, located at Silk 1 & 2, Level 2
Unity’s interactive demos at SIGGRAPH include:
- Photogrammetry: an advanced workflow that makes it easy to transform high resolution photographs into photorealistic 3D objects and textures; create reusable, high-quality digital assets using an efficient process that saves time and money
- Timeline: a timeline sequencer that allows artists to easily blend and tweak animations within Unity without any additional coding, allowing for freedom to experiment and refine their creations
- Cinemachine: an intuitive smart camera system that enables shot composition and tracking cameras in cinematic sequences and gameplay, optimizes the artist workflow and gives room for experimentation by eliminating hours of hand animation, camera programming, and revision
- 360 Video: make 360 videos truly interactive by using a simple real-time workflow that makes it easy for users to add CG objects, ambisonic audio, visual effects and more
Unity exists to democratize development, solve hard problems and enable
success -- three core values that are the driving forces of Unity’s
adoption by millions of creators. Games and experiences made with Unity
have reached more than 3 billion devices worldwide this year and were
installed more than 20 billion times in 2017 alone.