- Support for an automatic mode for color managed projects.
- Support for ACES 1.3, gamut compression and new CSC transforms.
- New 3D Keyer with new modes, better selection/stroke logic, live feedback.
- Improved HSL and Luma keyers with updated matte finesse controls.
- Track forward and back with a single action in trackers and magic masks.
- Node tooltips now indicate LUT and effect type present.
- Dragging new links to layer and key mixers auto-creates node inputs.
- Dragging color nodes over key links creates key-to-RGB connections.
- Added individual primary and secondary tool icons for faster switching.
- Clip filters for timeline clips with Dolby Vision analysis or trim.
- Disabled clips are now shown as gray in the timeline.
- Support for applying camera LUTs and CDLs to ARRI MXF ProRes clips.
- The printer light state is now persisted across application restart.
- Navigating to markers in the timeline now auto scrolls to center marker.
- Film halation emulates film stock reflections and scatter with Studio.
- Custom mixer to combine effects and grades with finer control.
- Improved 3D, HSL and Luma keyers in edit and Fusion.
- Better noise handling and key refinement for existing keyers.
- Improved patch replacer with ability to align source and target.
- Film grain with interactive previews and grain freeze options.
- Support for Steinberg VST3 audio plugins on Mac OS and Windows.
- Ability to reorder, move and duplicate effects in the mixer.
- Support for copying clip ranges with partial fades.
- Single sided audio transitions are now displayed as fades.
- Support for multi channel audio outputs on Linux.
- Better waveform displays at smaller track heights and lower zoom levels.
- Ability to shift-click and cmd-click on keyframe selections in the timeline.
- Navigating to previous or next timeline marker now selects the marker.
- Improved default processing order in Fairlight mixers.
- Automation curves display current values when no automation is present.
- Point selections now flash in edit selection mode.
- Improved column order and search behavior in the clip index.
- Improved jog, scroll and shuttle with the editing keyboard and speed editor.
- Fairlight FX meters have resizable displays and improved channel labels.
- Improved audio performance when using Blackmagic monitoring devices.
- Text+ support for combined glyphs and right to left language layouts.
- Improved vertical Text+ layout, vertical glyphs, rotation and line direction.
- Improved Text+ character grouping, spacing, underlining and borders.
- Text+ supports per-character stylistic sets for supported fonts.
- Support for OpenType features, including old-style numbers in Text+.
- Multiple Text+ improvements for character styling and animation.
- Hover to show tool descriptions in the effects panel and add tool window.
- Improved default tracker search and pattern size for grid warps.
- New search area scale slider in tracker options.
Codecs and File I/O
- Improved encode settings for YouTube render preset.
- Option to export a timeline marker color as YouTube video chapters.
- Option to export a timeline marker color as QuickTime chapter markers.
- Support for decoding opus audio in QuickTime and MP4 clips.
- Hardware accelerated Panasonic 8K AVC decodes on Apple Silicon.
- Improved decode speeds for ARRI ARX clips.
- Hardware accelerated H.265 encodes on free version on Windows.
- H.264 encode profile options on supported Nvidia systems with Studio.
- H.264/H.265 encode bit rate controls on supported Windows Intel systems.
- Faster encodes and decodes for Windows Intel systems with Studio.
- Support for encoding to ZIP1 EXR format.
- Ability to add custom languages in DCP/IMF composition naming options.
- Ability to use approved operator / rating / region lists for DCP naming.
- Marker support in the IO encode plugin SDK
- Ability to bypass re-encodes for Sony XAVC Intra clips.
- Improved retention of comments metadata for third party XML workflows.
- Improved display of render job names with tooltips.
- Right click audio icon to adjust volume on media, color and deliver pages.
- Auto-identifying media storage sequential image formats as stills or clips.
- Prompt to overwrite existing projects when invoking save as.
- Locked project indicator for PostgreSQL databases with usage info tooltip.
- Ability to clone a PostgreSQL database from the project manager.
- Ability to export PostgreSQL access keys from the project manager.
- Option to import into current timeline when importing an AAF.
- Scripting API support to access inspector properties for video clips.
- Scripting API support to set playhead position on the timeline.
- Scripting API support to get color version for video clips.
- Scripting API support for reflecting upload status in render job APIs.
- Scripting API support for setting network optimization in render jobs.
- Scripting API support for H.264 multi-pass encode option in Mac OS.
- Improved scripting property set when querying MediaIn nodes.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Availability and Price
DaVinci Resolve 17.4 is available now for download free of charge from the Blackmagic Design website.
Product photos of DaVinci Resolve, as well as all other Blackmagic Design products, are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/images.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.
+1 408 954 0500 Ext. 321