A completely overhauled UI, a streamlined workflow and new store upgrades make 3D character creation easier than ever for game developers
San Francisco, CA – Feb. 27, 2014 – Today, Mixamo, Inc announced that it will be releasing a new version of its online animation service in March 2015. Called “Mixamo 2.0”, the new version includes major updates to the user interface and user experience that make finding, creating, organizing, sharing and purchasing Mixamo’s 3D character assets and animations easier than ever. Current users will receive a notification when Mixamo 2.0 launches. New users who want to be notified will need to sign up for a new account at www.mixamo.com/signup. Mixamo 2.0 will be on display in Mixamo’s booth at GDC 2015 (booth 310).
“Our online 3D character creation service has now been operational for five years. We have collected invaluable feedback from the tens of thousands of Mixamo users on ways to make the creation of 3D characters faster and easier,” said Stefano Corazza, CEO of Mixamo. “This new release provides a far more integrated, intuitive and faster user interface, which ties together all of the steps of our service - creating, rigging and animating - into one seamless workflow.”
"It's great to see Mixamo dedicated to providing easy and flexible tools for generating game-ready characters and animation,” said Ozan Serim, Character & Animation Lead at High Fidelity, Inc, one of the beta testers of Mixamo 2.0. “Using WebGL for model previews allows for plugin-free and fast load times. This will really speed up the pipeline of taking a static character to a fully rigged and animated one."
New Mixamo 2 Feature List:
- Streamlined User Experience - Users can now animate their 3D characters with a faster and more straightforward workflow. For example, users will be able to access the animation editing features from more screens, including the search results page.
- Improved Search Capabilities - A faster, more accurate search function helps artists find what they’re looking for in seconds. In addition, search results will deliver more options, such as characters, animation packs, and individual animations together.
- Expanded Animation Packs - Mixamo 2.0 adds 20 new animation packs spanning different game genres/activities. Every set is also fully customizable.
- WebGL Viewer - The new WebGL Viewer was developed in collaboration with Verold for 10x faster browsing of characters and animations. Now artists will be able to search and modify assets on their desktop and mobile browsers, with no plugin required.
- Bulk Download - Users can now organize and download multiple animations at once, which speeds up the work process of creating characters going through a number of different movements.
- Increased User Feedback - Artists can now “favorite” characters and animations and share them with their team for review.
Founded in 2008 as a spin-off of Stanford University, Mixamo Inc. is a privately held, San Francisco company whose technology is democratizing 3D character creation and animation. With several granted patents in the field, Mixamo’s revolutionary software and web-based service help artists create highly detailed and fully animated characters in a matter of minutes, rather than hours or days. Mixamo is currently in use by thousands of customers spanning individual artists to indie developers to AAA game and film studios. For more information, visit www.mixamo.com or follow @Mixamo on Twitter.
© 2015. Mixamo, Inc. All rights reserved. “Mixamo” is a registered trademark of Mixamo, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s).